Sign in to follow this  
Tight Guy

Leupold Optics Customer Service

Just a FYI for the gang. I had a 10 year old Leupold rangefinder that was not working correctly. I called the service dept. and they said send it in for repair. To make a long story short, they didn't repair it, they sent me a brand new one. I opened the box, not knowing it was from Leupold, and was like a kid at Christmas. I CANT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT A AMERICAN COMPANY AND THEIR LIFETIME NO QUESTIONS ASKED REPAIR OR REPLACE. Its nice to know that some companies stand by their products and customers.

Leupold has a lifetime customer, and I recommend that if you need optics they should be at the top of the list

• Like 10

Just a FYI for the gang. I had a 10 year old Leupold rangefinder that was not working correctly. I called the service dept. and they said send it in for repair. To make a long story short, they didn't repair it, they sent me a brand new one. I opened the box, not knowing it was from Leupold, and was like a kid at Christmas. I CANT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT A AMERICAN COMPANY AND THEIR LIFETIME NO QUESTIONS ASKED REPAIR OR REPLACE. Its nice to know that some companies stand by their products and customers.

Leupold has a lifetime customer, and I recommend that if you need optics they should be at the top of the list

+1

I had a Leupold RX1000 TBR. A couple digital segments faded out. I sent it in and they sent me back a brand new RX1200 TBR! I love that RF.

my b-i-l had a horse fall with him and bust a scope his Dad had bought 20 years before, sent it to Leupold and they sent him a new scope with a "sorry for the inconvenience" letter, this was about 25 years ago

Vortex is following the trail blazed by Leupold when it comes to customer service

Does anyone else wish they would still fix stuff? Like what if that dude really liked THAT spotting scope? It just feels a little bit to me that craftsmanship is becoming a thing of the past as we gravitate towards being a disposable society supplied by crappy Made in China products.

• Like 1

I have a pair of minox that I dropped and really did a number on. I had bought them used and didn't have any warranty card or any thing like that. I filled out the repair paper work and sent them in eventually expecting to get a bill for repair cost and return shipment. I never got a bill or anything. The binos showed up one day in the mail repaired and better than when I had got them. I think all optics company's are following suit.

Minox was just bought by Blaser. I have Minox za 5 scope. Mag adjustment froze up. Mailed in and they sent to Germany I should a new scope next week. Took 6 weeks but was fairly painless. I was a bit nervous with new ownership.

I had a similar experience with my Sig rangefinder. It was a 2 week turnaround. Painless process.

The new rangefinder, RX-850I, that they sent is miles ahead in the quickness of the laser reading of the target in relation to the one I sent it for repair. I was shooting objects in the neighborhood and it read 577 yards as quick as it reads 20 yards. Light weight and fits in my shirt pocket for easy access.

It has all the bells and whistles anyone can want for. Me being a non tecky old guy I will only use the basics, give me the yardage and I will calculate from there, And it is great for that.