Sign in to follow this  
azbirdhunter88

Coyotes in pines?

Just started really coyote calling this year I guess and curious how many of you call coyotes up north in the pines? Is it just as productive as the lower desert terrains? Any tips when calling up in the pines?

Coyotes were thick up where we were at up north this weekend...sounded like a dang choir all night

• Like 1

Depends on WHERE "up North". If you are on the Rim or anywhere near the areas of heavy human use, you will have a very hard time calling them in. you will SEE them and HEAR them everywhere, but they are some of the most educated and difficult to call coyotes around.

If you have garbage can in distress sound on your ecaller go with that.....

• Like 3

I live in the pines and have called coyotes in the mountains and pines most of my life, this is what I have learned. You have to change your

sounds with the season to be successful. Also when elk season starts, forget distress sounds. The coyotes have gorged on gut

piles and crippled elk and won't respond. That takes care of about four months out of the year. Happy hunting.

• Like 1

Sometimes the coyotes in the pines are much larger, thicker, furrier and maybe even darker colored. Those our the ones you really want to shoot, just don't post the pictures!

• Like 3

Sometimes the coyotes in the pines are much larger, thicker, furrier and maybe even darker colored. Those our the ones you really want to shoot, just don't post the pictures!

I hear that

I have called in several coyotes up north. Unfortunately we were calling for turkeys. Last year I started packing my AR with me while the others shotguns.