Sign in to follow this  
My Rights As An American

Carb on quad needs help

Who is bored and wants to helps me figure out what the heck is wrong with my carb on my arctic cat? Need it for my hunt in two weeks and it is giving me problems. Pulled t and cleaned it several times but clearly I have no idea what I am doing. Pretty sure it is how the needle is sitting with the float, but I have no experience and the internet has not been useful. Near BassPro but can bring carb to someone who knows more than me (that threshold is low). Thanks! Cannot imagine it would take more than 15 minutes.

Quad acting starved of gas or flooded at times. Jets look clean. Carb looks clean. Seems like no gas getting to the carb after cleaning it today. Thanks!!!!!!!

i don't know a thing about anything, but my carb was acting up before the hunt, i had old gas in it, and before i took it to the shop, i put sea foam in the tank, and now it runs like a champ.

• Like 1

No clogged gas line? Fuel filter? How much gas is in the tank? Was draining so Im assuming it cant be that. No gunk in the bowel? Used carb cleaner to spray out all the holes/jets? How many Jets does it have? Air filter not plugged?

Pulled and cleaned all three jets, removed and emptied tank, new fuel lines, new fuel filter, cleaned carb inside, cleaned needle, new 1 gallon plus 91 octane fuel, added Lucas fuel system cleaner and lubricant. Fuel not getting into filter or carb now. Checked to make sure lines not kinked, lines not pinched from hose clamps, line is gravity feed and clear, fuel in tank, no vapor lock.

Some carb models have a tank breather, and carb overflow line. If these get plugged, it can create a vacuum lock. Check the throttle cable adjustment also.

Turn the key to apply voltage to the choke. Take a voltmeter And go from the hot wire on the electric choke to a ground. Should get 12v. That would be the first place to start

Pulled and cleaned all three jets, removed and emptied tank, new fuel lines, new fuel filter, cleaned carb inside, cleaned needle, new 1 gallon plus 91 octane fuel, added Lucas fuel system cleaner and lubricant. Fuel not getting into filter or carb now. Checked to make sure lines not kinked, lines not pinched from hose clamps, line is gravity feed and clear, fuel in tank, no vapor lock.

if fuel isnt getting into the filter or the carb then you have a fuel supply issue. Not sure how your choke works but usually its on the air side, not fuel side. Check everything from the filter back to the tank.

As a guess with out knowing any thing about this bike(make model year) .... the original problem is diferant than the problem it has now.

If it was flooding before it was getting gas. Now its not getting fuel into the bowl?