Sign in to follow this  
metau

Where to camp and fish

So it looks like I may have a few days off next week as my company is finally moving to the new office. Any suggestions on where to go for 5 or 6 days to camp and fish? It would have to be shore or wade fishing, spin or fly. I've not been to the SRP lakes in years, and have heard there are some decent campsites out there now. Also curious about Patagonia, Pena Blanca and Parker Canyon down south, though I'd prefer a shorter drive. Not opposed to the rim area, but not sure what the waters are like up there.

Thanks.

Definitely Apache. The smallies should be hitting pretty good right now.

Parker canyon lake is on fire for trout now. Kinda boring, land 6 fish in 30 minutes, gotta figure out what to do for the rest of the day.

Catch and release.
  • Like 1

even though its warm, camping on the rim in february will be cold when the sun goes down.

Stop by Petes place and pick up something to keep you warm!

Willow springs lake. Camp at sinkhole it's about 1 mile from the lake they have RV and tent spots. Beautiful lake always get my limit of trout on flies and your only a short drive from woods canyon if you want to switch it up! Your also very close to canyon creek, lower canyon creek is artificial lures and flies only and catch and release and they have big browns!

Parker is on the mercury list for fish other than trout. However it is a beautiful lake. Patagonia has hookups Parker does not but both have good camp sites. If you want to fish at Patti for flathead let me know.

Willow springs lake. Camp at sinkhole it's about 1 mile from the lake they have RV and tent spots. Beautiful lake always get my limit of trout on flies and your only a short drive from woods canyon if you want to switch it up! Your also very close to canyon creek, lower canyon creek is artificial lures and flies only and catch and release and they have big browns!

To cold on the rim for that...brŕrr