Sign in to follow this  
spooby

Canvas Tents/Outfitters Tent Questions

Sewn in floors help keep critters out. Yes I know they have sod cloths but it’s nothing like a sewn in floor. Snakes....spiders....Ect

Yeah. Snakes try to come into tents. I had to shoot a rattler through my bighorn window. Get the sewn in.

For 4 people I’d stick with a 14x16 any bigger is gonna be a chalange to keep heated during a late hunt. I too skipped the fire retardant and have not had any issues. I have a 14x16 from the wall tent store. If I had to buy another I’d get another from the walltent shop. I’m in El mirage I could roll mine out if you wanna to put your hands on one.https://www.walltentshop.com/

i may take you up on that. I'm sure the 14x16 will work but just got it stuck in my head that i may need the 16x20.. Davis has a good special going on right now and can get the 14x16 with all the upgrades i want except a stove,delivered to my door step for under 1300.00
does that include the frame or at least an angle kit.?

As for a floor. I love the floorless but when I need a floor I have 18x16 taro with the corner cut out for the stove that works great. The time of year I need my big tent there’s no snakes out. When I need to be light and fast I. Good weather I have a kodiak canvas also

For 4 people I’d stick with a 14x16 any bigger is gonna be a chalange to keep heated during a late hunt. I too skipped the fire retardant and have not had any issues. I have a 14x16 from the wall tent store. If I had to buy another I’d get another from the walltent shop. I’m in El mirage I could roll mine out if you wanna to put your hands on one.https://www.walltentshop.com/

i may take you up on that. I'm sure the 14x16 will work but just got it stuck in my head that i may need the 16x20.. Davis has a good special going on right now and can get the 14x16 with all the upgrades i want except a stove,delivered to my door step for under 1300.00
does that include the frame or at least an angle kit.?

As for a floor. I love the floorless but when I need a floor I have 18x16 taro with the corner cut out for the stove that works great. The time of year I need my big tent there’s no snakes out. When I need to be light and fast I. Good weather I have a kodiak canvas also

For the 14x16 with angle kit, 3 windows, 1 door with a screen, Colorado door, eave sleeves and angles,1195.00 shipped to my door.

I have never had an issue with the smell from the fire treatment. Just FYI....Wall tents can be a pain....internal frame tents need more then one person to set up/take down....external frame tents are much easier but a pain in hard/rocky ground....NEVER put them away wat or damp....always make sure you stake them down correctly....They will shrink if not !!!!.....you will never get it back in the bag it came in.....But they are priceless in the right situation.....

Have a Davis 14x16, no floor, internal frame. Front door , back door, window on each side. Great tent, and I can set it up by myself. I wish I had sleeves at the eaves so I can have an extended frame for a covered canopy. Not flame resistant, but it sounds like a good idea. 14x16 with a stove is good for 4 people max in my opinion.

14 X 20 Davis internal frame home made stove bought last year no rolled carpet floor absolutely love it. One man set up if your in decent shape and yes very heavy and bulky but for cold late season on long duration it's sweet and worth it. No fire treatment for me,

12x14 Davis Tent with traditional pole set here. Floorless is fine for us. I have one window and a screen door. Lots of air movement when there is any breeze.

Multiple windows, doors/screens, keeps air moving. Wall tents are wonderful when nice and cool, but when hot, they suck, unless you have the stove on for heat cuz its freezing out, then they are great hot. Like the sewn in floor option, helps keep things clean and home like. Also, the floor being sewn in, no critters or a reduced amount of critters.

Other option for a nice tent is the Ritz or Four Seasons (hotels!!!!!!!)

I like my Cabela's Alaknak for extended stay, cold weather...even mild weather. I can set it up easily myself (just have to pound a lot of stakes). Has a zip out floor panel for the stove. Mine is 12x12 and the whole kit weighs around 80#. That size is ideal for two people, three starts to get a little cozy. They make a larger one...14x20 ? And no mildew canvas smell.

My wife, two kids, one small dog, and myself fit comfortable in our Kodiak Canvas 10x14. I purchased the bunk cots for my two young children and my wife and I each have large cots with plenty of room to store gear. After about 5 to 10 mins of driving stakes in the ground, the tent sets up in about 2 mins. Sewn in heavy vinyl floor too. I have seen guys sew in stove jacks but that hasn't been necessary for us. I just use a small little heater to take the chill off if needed. I sold a roof top tent to go back to my spring bow tent and glad I did. And for the price....