Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Interesting BAN!!!

It is a common area for all to use. There are many other forms of songs that are much more offensive. Are they going to ban them?

It's only offensive when it's the Christian faith. I'm sure Buddhist, Muslim, etc would be just fine.

• Like 1

I do believe a trip to the basement is coming.

Christian, or any other religious music, should be banned in that setting unless ALL who live there agree that it is OK. Why? Because of freedom of religion. Yes, the christians have a right to worship and I fully support it. However, the non-christians also have a right to freedom of religion. They have a right to not have the christian religion inflicted upon them in a communal area of their home. In this case the christians need to use a private location to practice their religion. Are you christian? how would you feel if I rounded up a few muslims, buddists, hindus or satanists and we came over, sat in your living room and had a religious service?

• Like 3

My living room is much different then a common area. If one thing is banned it all needs to be banned. If one thing is allowed it all needs to be allowed, dare I say it? Yes, even Satanists.

• Like 2

I do believe a trip to the basement is coming.

Christian, or any other religious music, should be banned in that setting unless ALL who live there agree that it is OK. Why? Because of freedom of religion. Yes, the christians have a right to worship and I fully support it. However, the non-christians also have a right to freedom of religion. They have a right to not have the christian religion inflicted upon them in a communal area of their home. In this case the christians need to use a private location to practice their religion. Are you christian? how would you feel if I rounded up a few muslims, buddists, hindus or satanists and we came over, sat in your living room and had a religious service?

Didn't do so well at debate team I gather.

Freedom of religion not freedom from religion.

I am 54 years old and so ashamed of my generation. We have just sat apathetically by and let all this crap happen. Many years from now, when historians write about our generation I'm afraid they will not be kind.

• Like 1

It's already happened at my house too, but on the other end of the scale. Ive banned most modern country music from my house and truck.... The step kids don't like the way I enforce the rule... but rapping, drum machines, and "bubble gum" country wont be tolerated. ha ha ha

• Like 2

It's already happened at my house too, but on the other end of the scale. Ive banned most modern country music from my house and truck.... The step kids don't like the way I enforce the rule... but rapping, drum machines, and "bubble gum" country wont be tolerated. ha ha ha

No kids at home but I also have banned radio and the current version of what "country" music has become so I guess I am hypocritical about banning things!!!

for you cult followers and hypocrites and the rest of you who can take a joke.

And for the country music.....not

• Like 2

I am 54 years old and so ashamed of my generation. We have just sat apathetically by and let all this crap happen. Many years from now, when historians write about our generation I'm afraid they will not be kind.

Freedom of religion can definitely include freedom from religion. The framers of the Constitution put in place separation of church and state and freedom of religion because they wanted the citizens to have freedom from religion imposed upon them by the government or other citizens. The sign in the picture was very poorly done as it singled out one specific religion. Country music? Way too controversial I'm not going to touch that one.
  • Like 2

Freedom of religion can definitely include freedom from religion. The framers of the Constitution put in place separation of church and state and freedom of religion because they wanted the citizens to have freedom from religion imposed upon them by the government or other citizens. The sign in the picture was very poorly done as it singled out one specific religion. Country music? Way too controversial I'm not going to touch that one.

If that were the case, all religious practices should only take place in doors. But it is not the case, when John Leland and Isaac Backus petitioned the founding fathers to include the right to worship, they included the phrase, nor prohibit the free exercise thereof. This specifically guaranteeing you could worship outdoors and in public. (Before the bill of rights, in many states, you could not worship outdoors or in public. People were tired of this, as many groups couldn't afford a church house, and/or felt the need to proselytize and worship in public) See the book, America in Crimson Red, by James Beller, for all the gritty details about this amendment.

Private property may be a different issue in this situation, but if the condo has received federal funds, they may or may not have the right to ban religious practices.

• Like 1