swwildlife

19A questions, help

On 8/15/2018 at 2:57 PM, trphyhntr said:

Maybe he will read that and now won't even hunt the ranch and only hunt public just to make you mad 

Either you're a first class smart***, or there is something wrong with you.  Obviously, (almost) nobody is going to give a second thought to what other's think during their antelope hunt, so I personally found that comment pretty funny. 

If it's the second... well, that's possible too as you seem to come across as fairly crass at times... but I don't really know you.  If that's the case I don't really care either...

6-1/2 days!

2 minutes ago, 1uofacat said:

Either you're a first class smart***, or there is something wrong with you.  Obviously, (almost) nobody is going to give a second thought to what other's think during their antelope hunt, so I personally found that comment pretty funny. 

If it's the second... well, that's possible too as you seem to come across as fairly crass at times... but I don't really know you.  If that's the case I don't really care either...

6-1/2 days!

Ya he's both that's why we love him, to the point. He'll grow on you or you will just go away, like the others he upset.

On 8/17/2018 at 2:38 PM, 1uofacat said:

6-1/2 days!

I would say the second!!!

On 8/18/2018 at 7:15 PM, trphyhntr said:

Why so serious 

well, I did say I thought it was funny, the other part was due to me not having a lot of experience with you.

Not that it matters, but it's all good...

On 8/19/2018 at 11:08 AM, LovinthehuntAz said:

Perkins is full! Five spots filled !!! 

Awesome!  hunt there... a lot!  ;)

BTW, I know of one buck that was standing guard over his herd of does this past weekend when another smaller buck came near.

Well, I did not tag a goat, but finally did get a shot on the last day (spot/stalk).  There's a lot of water in 19A now due to all the rain, including more that was added the first 3 days of the first hunt, so sitting water was basically worse than a crap shoot.  Also, the bucks were not quite in the rut and using decoys even after getting as close as possible did not work for myself and a few others that I met in the field.

BTW, two comments that anyone hunting antelope in 19A needs to know:

1)  The Fain Ranch does not allow hunting on their property 

2)  Corner Hopping IS LEGAL in Arizona

I had a run-in with the Fain ranch manager's son on Sunday.  It's a long story, but basically he blew my afternoon hunt trying to run me off of state land because I "corner hopped" to get there.  His opinion was corner hopping was not legal in Arizona.  Afterwards, the G&F got involved and basically set him straight that; 1) corner hopping in AZ is legal as there is no law saying it is not, nor has there ever been any court case in this regards, and 2) any hunter that corner hops on state land has every right to hunt on state land, regardless of adjacent private property owner's wishes.  BTW, hats off to Virginia who is the WM for the unit, she's a great advocate and supporter of what we do!

That said, he pretty much screwed up an afternoon hunt, and given we only have seven days, it hurt some. 

I heard repeatedly that in the past the ranch manager didn't mind people hunting on the Fain Ranch, but the current ranch manager won't allow it.

Plan accordingly...

• Like 1