Sign in to follow this  
Hatchet Jack

Swaro 12x50

I know theres a few guys here that have traded in the 15s and 10s for 12s. Any regrets?

I love the big view and sharp edges in the EL 12 and the idea of packing just one Bino. But I love the detail the 15s give. I wanted to hear some input.

Havent had mine out yet. I will be using 12s and a swaro 65 spotter. I think I will sell my 10s next year and replace them with 15s. Doesnt feel right not owning 15s.

• Like 1

I can barely hold 10s steady freehand, dont know how you guys do it with 12s.

• Like 1

It all depends on how far away it is and how our of breath I am... I like to be able to get a good idea of what I'm looking at but everyone is a bit different. I'd just take that into consideration before I committed.

• Like 1

I have been going over this same thing for a few years. Got 12s a couple months ago, going to give them a 6 month's try to be sure of the way I want to go. They are not swaro's, 15s are Zeiss and 12s are razors. If I stay with 15 will keep the zeiss and still use 8s and spotter. If go with 12s will just use 12s and spotter. May up grade to ELs or GPOs on 12s but do like the razor's. I will always use the 8s for archery stalks.

People still hold binos freehand?

Its really hard to stay hidden if I set up a tripod in your neighbors shrubs.

• Like 1

People still hold binos freehand?
Its really hard to stay hidden if I set up a tripod in your neighbors shrubs.

Stop making it weird with the neighbors. Just use a window mount for your vehicle.

• Like 1

Too late now. Sold my euro 15s to a buddy, was a sad day. Drowned my sorrows by picking up some used EL 12s on ebay. Ill be unloading my Leica trinovid ba 10x42 if anybody wants em. I wish I could afford just keeping them all. One day