Sign in to follow this  
Lv2hnt

Reminder: Trail cam meeting/webcast tonight at main G&F office

I'm not looking to pit bowhunters against rifle hunters, but anytime that something benefits bowhunters to give them the possibility of increasing their odds from the average 5-6% statewide success on archery deer (baiting, trail cams, etc.) it becomes an issue with Game and Fish. Anytime there are technological improvements to increase the already much higher odds of a kill for firearms hunters, high powered optics and range finders, rifles that shoot 1,500 yards, muzzy's that shoot 300 yards, that's apparently not a problem. I don't think we need anymore government regulations unless it's a blatant problem, which I don't believe this is.

Could this have anything to do with the archery deer being over the counter? If archery kill rates keep going up we might lose the over the counter tags. Maybe the G&F is doing what they can to keep the over the counter archery tags. Just a thought.

Bottom line: I believe they should leave the Trail cam issue alone.

But in saying that they are already bent on doing something. So the least invasive compromise is what I am for.

• Like 3

Trphyhntr, Good One! 😁.

Where is the line of demarcation based on Fair chase ? If you can tell me that based on something besides your opinion then the problem is solved.😊

Good point ON, and I wouldn't have a problem with that. But if that's the case, they should just say that and not blame their regulations on CWD and fair chase.

• Like 2

Trphyhntr, Good One! 😁.

Where is the line of demarcation based on Fair chase ? If you can tell me that based on something besides your opinion then the problem is solved.😊

Uh...ok

Trphyhntr Is sitting water during a hunt and or hunting near a waterhole fair?

So My daughter had a cow elk tag when she was 12. The 1st mornings hunt was unfruitful so midday we sat water in comes the cows boom its over! Was that Ethical? So how can a trail camera on water which kills nothing be unethical?

• Like 3

Why is the G&F involved in fair chase issues?

Their job is to manage wildlife.

Authoritarian state, now they wear bullet proof vests that say police on them,

The Wildlife Managers get shot at in region 5. They are police officers required to uphold the laws in AZ same as AZ State Highway Patrol for far less money. Region 5 is a war zone where armed criminals are roaming around un checked. Those bullet proof vests are uncomfortable but necessary in this society of idiots and criminals.

• Like 1

Trphyhntr Is sitting water during a hunt and or hunting near a waterhole fair?

So My daughter had a cow elk tag when she was 12. The 1st mornings hunt was unfruitful so midday we sat water in comes the cows boom its over! Was that Ethical? So how can a trail camera on water which kills nothing be unethical?

lol what? Sirroyal Is getting live pics sent to your phone from the next tank over from the one you're sitting fair chase? Is that ethical? Are you even reading what I'm writing? I said live feed cams
  • Like 2

A couple of speakers skirted around the issue of the proliferations of cameras by outfitters. That is the real problem. G&F will not do anything about outfitters because it will then be about someones living. When outfitters help someone kill an animal then it was not the skill of the shooter but the skill of the outfitter. Not fair chase.

The question is, if it is no advantage to have cameras on water holes then why do you protest the removal. And the notion that you are finding and killing only the older class animal so it is good for the herd is BS.

I have come to the conclusion that I dont want to see cameras on water holes and the land managers Federal, BLM, State should have the right to remove/ban them. The same goes for unattended trailers, tree stands, blinds, and all that junk. No trash left on public lands.

The G&F is trying to solve a problem that the land managers should solve. The moving of the cameras away from the water holes is a start.

• Like 1

Trphyhntr, Sorry not personal Im just thinking way ahead of your question.

I have never ever used a live trail cam and that my friend is already dead . No more Live trail cams. So non issue!

ThomC you are wrong sir. Its because of the outfitters that the Dept is pursueing this. The hunters that are not using trail cams are the ones complaining. Which is the majority. So a good compromise works for all.

TRAIL CAMS DO NOT KILL ANIMALS!

• Like 1