Sign in to follow this  
Lv2hnt

Reminder: Trail cam meeting/webcast tonight at main G&F office

If we all send comments to the commission and we get 200 people to the meeting we will make a Difference. The commissioners will listen if we speak but you can choose to not do anything and accept the rule as written, then talk about how their mind was already made up. It easier to stay home and complain anyway.

their mind is already made up, holding public meeting for image, they could care less what hunters think

Why is the G&F involved in fair chase issues?

Their job is to manage wildlife.

Authoritarian state, now they wear bullet proof vests that say police on them,

I was at that 1st meeting this year I also thought their mind was made up and no matter what we said it was going to happen Azgfd's way.

But there has been a big backlash from us the hunters. So the commissioners ask to see alternative plans!

Im telling you they are begging for ideas! I think if they dont bring some alternate ideas back to the commissioners on June 8th. Its could be dead!

SirRoyal.

• Like 3

their mind is already made up, holding public meeting for image, they could care less what hunters think

Thought that as well but if that was the case, it would have been passed the first time at the last meeting

Very rare case that the commission has listened to the hunters.

They've always been certified LEOs (at least the wardens..... maybe not the biologists...). If I was patrolling solo dealing with dudes with guns on a regular basis, I'm thinking I would wear a bullet proof vest too. ;)

• Like 2

I just talked to Celeste Cook at Azgfd. I was able to by pass all the emails to them . So They will get a 1st hand look at the idea I proposed in a the previous post! I also emailed all Commissioners again.

SirRoyal

They've always been certified LEOs (at least the wardens..... maybe not the biologists...). If I was patrolling solo dealing with dudes with guns on a regular basis, I'm thinking I would wear a bullet proof vest too. ;)

I was just playing around, you got a better chance of seeing a 120" buck than an azgfd officer anyway

• Like 2

I will try my best to be at the meeting in Payson on June 8th. I'm against any trail cam rules. It would be another win win for those against hunting and it won't stop there. I know there are a lot of hunters who are in favor of the camera issue rule but the non hunters will have another notch in their belt. There are enough rules already in place for us as hunters. I hope we flood the meeting room in Payson. :)

TJ

• Like 3

I will try my best to be at the meeting in Payson on June 8th. I'm against any trail cam rules. It would be another win win for those against hunting and it won't stop there. I know there are a lot of hunters who are in favor of the camera issue rule but the non hunters will have another notch in their belt. There are enough rules already in place for us as hunters. I hope we flood the meeting room in Payson. :)

TJ

How come we haven't heard from any of the organization groups like the Elk Society, Mule Deer, Big Horn, ect with their prospective on the camera rule change? :)

TJ

• Like 5

Guys. Email the Commissioners . I just had Kurt Davis respond to my email.

In his mind its all about fair chase.

So where does technology come in to play here?

IS Fair Chase stone age thinking still . Maybe a stone or a spear.

Is sitting water during a hunt fair chase?

I'm not looking to pit bowhunters against rifle hunters, but anytime that something benefits bowhunters to give them the possibility of increasing their odds from the average 5-6% statewide success on archery deer (baiting, trail cams, etc.) it becomes an issue with Game and Fish. Anytime there are technological improvements to increase the already much higher odds of a kill for firearms hunters, high powered optics and range finders, rifles that shoot 1,500 yards, muzzy's that shoot 300 yards, that's apparently not a problem. I don't think we need anymore government regulations unless it's a blatant problem, which I don't believe this is.

• Like 9

Guys. Email the Commissioners . I just had Kurt Davis respond to my email.

In his mind its all about fair chase.

So where does technology come in to play here?

IS Fair Chase stone age thinking still . Maybe a stone or a spear.

Is sitting water during a hunt fair chase?

do you think live cams are fair chase

• Like 1