Sign in to follow this  
awatson

Big Lake

Now that the Memorial Weekend Zoo is over...I'm gettin the heck out of here and heading to Big Lake!

I usually go in mid-May, and we alway slay 'em then, but it always slows way down later into July.

Anyone up last couple weekends? Any reports, info, advice, and discussion are welcome!

Headed up to greer in a couple weeks. Never have any luck at Big Lake

I've had luck off & on. The past few summers I've taken to rending a boat for 1/2 day or so. Had fairly good luck drifting night crawlers under a small split-shot. Also throwing kastmasters, z-rays, and rooster tails.

Fishing luck or not, Greer, Big Lake, Alpine, etc. sure is a pretty dang nice little slice of our state, that's for sure! ;)

Have fun!

• Like 5

Father in law heads up for annually trip on June 3rd

Big lake is best right before the lake freezes and as soon as the ice starts to melt.

post-63-0-38501400-1527865587_thumb.jpeg

post-63-0-00577700-1527865624_thumb.jpeg

• Like 12

Iv'e allways done best at ice time too.....BOB!

There are no fish in Big Lake and its to far away. Please try Bear Lake

I have heard scuttle that the Coconino NF will be closing next week. Wonder about the ASNF?

Doug,

I have not heard anything about that on the Navajo County side of things. Sounds like the stage 3 restrictions were going to hold for a while. Is your source legit on CNF closing?

I have heard scuttle that the Coconino NF will be closing next week. Wonder about the ASNF?

Doug,

I have not heard anything about that on the Navajo County side of things. Sounds like the stage 3 restrictions were going to hold for a while. Is your source legit on CNF closing?

This was the email the state sent out on closures for the whole state. A bit dated but still good

post-5542-0-15767800-1527906968_thumb.jpg

Killed it on a backpack fly fish trip up the black!

How were the water levels? I was planning a fly fish trip for a weeks from now but heard the water was real low. Were you fishing upper or lower black?