Sign in to follow this  
mbiewer

Mid Life/wife crisis Question

When I first bought my trailer, before I had the transmission worked on and improved, I towed it up to Pinetop. I left Tucson side by side with a guy in a lifted gas Chevy towing a smaller trailer than mine. In the flat stuff he outran me, mostly because he was more comfortable going fast than I was. Well whenever we hit any incline I would pass him like he was standing still keeping at 60-65 miles per hour. We both arrived at the Chevron in Globe about the same time. We sat there and talked a little bit and he said it was his first time towing his trailer since selling his diesel. He admitted he immediately regretted it seeing how easily i towed my bigger trailer as fast if not faster than him basically anytime I wanted to. That right there is the difference between gas and Diesel. After having a diesel, I don't know that I can ever go back to having a gas engine if there was any sort of towing in my future even just a few times a year.

• Like 1

I argue holding better resale value over any gas truck. Tacoma, just saying. And dam some of you guys toe a house to the woods.

My half ton Chevy don't tow worth a shoot up slate creek

Mine is a dog too! My trailer with my Can Am Defender comes in at roughly 3000lbs. Whenever I hit that hill and going up Ox Bow, truck struggles. Of course, it's a 2004 with that lowly 4 speed tranny, but I thought it would handle that weight. Apparently not. I'm now in search of a new truck! Haha

My half ton Chevy don't tow worth a shoot up slate creek

Mine is a dog too! My trailer with my Can Am Defender comes in at roughly 3000lbs. Whenever I hit that hill and going up Ox Bow, truck struggles. Of course, it's a 2004 with that lowly 4 speed tranny, but I thought it would handle that weight. Apparently not. I'm now in search of a new truck! Haha

I had a 2006 1/2 ton Chevy with a 5.3. Hated that pickup. It literally couldnt carry itself up a parking garage. So happy to see that think go down the road. Swore off gas pickups after that one. Until I test drove a ford ecoboost. You cant even compare a non turbo gas to a turbo gas. I guess it would be like comparing an old 6.5 Chevy non turbo diesel to a new duramax.

• Like 1

Ever had the throttle body spacer go out on an EcoBoost? I've been stranded in the middle of the desert waiting for a tow a dozen or more times.

Ever had the throttle body spacer go out on an EcoBoost? I've been stranded in the middle of the desert waiting for a tow a dozen or more times.

I'd bet good money you don't drive your personal truck the way you drive your work truck.

I argue holding better resale value over any gas truck. Tacoma, just saying. And dam some of you guys toe a house to the woods.

Tacoma is a glorified SUV.

• Like 1

I'd bet good money you don't drive your personal truck the way you drive your work truck.

I'll take that bet, in non-emergency/urgency cases.

For the record, I don't so much fault the truck itself. ~70-80+k/year is hard on any vehicle.

I hate tacomas but I have no idea what you're saying here

• Like 1

Im on 350k with them and no issues.

Im on 350k with them and no issues.

I think it might have only been an issue with the 2014s. Haven't heard of our 15, 16s having that issue.

A Tacoma is not a truck

A Tacoma is not a truck

A Tahoe is an SUV, way more vehicle than a Tacoma. A Tacoma is like a golf cart with a bed.

• Like 1