Sign in to follow this  
tomgobbler

1/2 a beef

Now that the draw is done & some freezers wont be getting any elk or deer in them anyone need any beef ? Ive got a really nice steer Im getting ready to take in . Been on nice grass irrigated pasture , not out in tbe dry scrub . My son has a cow elk tag, & we had two cows last year . So Ill be lucky if I get 1/2 in my freezer , so decided to part with the other half . Around 18-20 months old , grass pasture all natural , no hormones . Im no expert on weight & I do not have a scale . But these are fat and sassy & ready to go & not skin & bones turned out culls . $1350.00 for half , cut & wrapped by malapia meat packing , according to your specs .

• Like 4

Finished pounds is a hard thing to calculate . How you get it cut up & what you save / eat out of your half . If u leavee all fat, or have it trimmed with no fat , if you keep heart / liver / tongue. If you have everything deboned etc ... all of these makes a difference ....

This is roughly what I came up with for price after looking at what I had in These steers , what the QUALITY of these are . And after looking at quite a few different adds on processed beef for sale .

I’m guessing at 950 lbs live weight. The average hanging weight is .62% so that’s 589 lbs half of that 294.4 lbs x $3.50 hanging weight is $1030.75. + about $400 to process . = $1430.75 ... I rounded down to an even $1350 to give the benefit to the buyer if I was off a few pnds .... there is an add for beef out of chino valley for $5.00 a pnd hanging weight but that includes processing , with these same #’s that would be $1470.00 , a couple others I found were $4 hanging plus processing = $1578.00 , then I found a few at $6 & $6.50...

So I think my $1350 is a pretty fair deal on the quality you are getting.

That’s as straight forward & honest as I can be on what I came up with . Yes you can go find cheaper cows right now with the drought, there are a lot of poor looking stuff for sale . This is qualify home grown , natural black angus beef , that you will not be disappointed in :) it is fabulous . What your actual take home pounds will be like I said would depend on your cut up preference ..... & if when I get them to the butcher & if I’m off quit a bit on weight I’ll adjust price down accordingly .

You get both sides of heart -tongue & liver :)

I Will take it to malapia meat packing a week from Sunday night & drop it off . they slaughter every Monday morning , then hang it for 10 days or so before processing it to your specs .

Just curious, was this joking around sarcasm? Or is there difference?haha

Which half the the heart and tongue do I get? Id prefer the left side. When will u be butchering and where?

• Like 1

Well going on percentage 90/10 right to left handed cattle, right handed cattle the left side is generally much more tasty and tender than left handed cattle, hope that answers your question about left or right side flavoring 😎

• Like 1

@tomgobbler - are you transporting to the valley or do we pick it up at processor in Taylor?

Had a feeling😂

Well going on percentage 90/10 right to left handed cattle, right handed cattle the left side is generally much more tasty and tender than left handed cattle, hope that answers your question about left or right side flavoring 😎

N2horns - I’m not sure when I’ll be coming to the valley next - but have people going and coming that way from time to time could work something out Or could work something out to meet ya in Payson some evening .

N2horns, what part of town you in? Im traveling from Winslow to SanTan 2-3 times a week at random times.

Vowell - I will get times from Tom, Tom Sending you a PM. I will take it.