broadhead

The day is upon us! Let's hear the reports!

Oh cool I posted 3 times, great!  Anyway congrats Dylan, great first post. And also a great first deer.  Took me a couple years before I could seal the deal. 

• Like 1

I will keep this alive.

Saw two big bucks from a water source.  Next day, saw two big bucks at the same water source, and I was up there 400 yards up,  ready to kill.  Spent the weekend in shooting lanes-ASAT-hide position at that water hole creek zone.  Watched an older, whiskered doe come in down the hill, and she fed and watered for 30 minutes close to me.  8 yards, closest.  The next day, flung a blunt arrow (primitive stumping arrow) at the spot. Would've been a dead deer.  Ambush hide hunting is cool.  I practice sitting, about 80%  and I want to shoot a Grizzly into a big coues this week.  Stay thirsty.

Coues hunting Ended with  a  'dang what just happened'   yesterday.  Found a spot in unit 1 with a pocket of coues deer.  Hunted it every weekend and finally got into shooting range when a very good buck jumped cover at less than 20 yards and this guy watched from 45 yards than when I went to pull back he ran. 

DSCN40051.jpg

• Like 6
  • Great Buck! 1

Great buck there idgaf. Nutty morning here in the blind I am sitting a saddle criss crossed with trails I’ve 14 does and 3 bucks. I’ve got a December tag though so looking for a big boy. The crazy part is squirrels keep running straight into the blind and about ten minutes ago one busted his way into the blind. The buck I’m after came through last night so I’m hoping he swings back through 

• Like 1

I sat for 8 days. Got rained out the last 2 days i was able to hunt. passed probably 12-15 bucks. I’ll try to get a crack with him in october. 

Hunted more days than not ended up passing on the big boy @ 91 and a 105 buck @ 83. hoping I can connect with a solid buck in December. Was a good time haven't hunted past January the last 5 years got a lot of work to do between now and December but hopefully ill be ready.

I hadn’t checked this post in awhile. Really glad to see all you guys getting out and at least seeing deer. I tried to get in and hunt for a weekend but had to turn right back around same night and that was it for me. I’m pretty much decided blind hunting up higher is what I’m going to have to do in the early season from now on. Glass and spot and stalk in fall and winter. 

Sat in a blind and spot and stalked for about 8-9 days. The last 4 days i sat in a blind out of frustration, and at about 2:35 it all came together on monday.

• Like 1