GTIMANiac

anyone want to go fox hunting?

I have found a spot that continues to produce amazing fox, sometimes two on a stand with the first being shot and another coming in minutes later. I really do not want or need anymore furs or mounts, but would be happy to call for someone that would like to take one.

• Like 1

i'd love to smoke a couple foxes, what part of the state are you in?

I can't believe no one has responded to your post yet!!

10 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Great offer!

+1.

Very generous to share a good spot.  I just caught a little fox at my cabin in the live trap last week.  Kept finding what I though was coon poop all over the driveway, so I set up the trap and caught a fox instead.  Cool little guys, pretty cranky too when in a trap.

16 hours ago, azslim said:

I like the little turds, have a few camps where they come visit me and I give them spicy beef jerky

Some days I call in more fox than coyotes. But have no interest in killing them. Once had one follow me at my side from a stand to my vehicle a mile and a half away.

• Like 3

yea they can be friendly little shits, they usually cuss me the first time they get a mouthful of spicy beef jerky, but always come back for more......    :D   

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Edge said:

Some days I call in more fox than coyotes. But have no interest in killing them. Once had one follow me at my side from a stand to my vehicle a mile and a half away.

I'm with you.  They seem really easy to call in, but I don't see a reason to shoot them.  They are harmless little guys.  Coyotes...now that's a different story

• Like 1

My wife always wanted to go shoot some. Then a few years ago we got to our glassing spot while deer hunting and a fox was standing in our spot. He "batted" his eyes at her, and that stopped her interest in fox hunting. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

And carry rabies, population thinning is some times needed.

G & F always told me, might as well shoot them because population will rise and they will disease and die off anyway.  

CB15D43D-C1A2-4DB4-87AA-381A2B391147.thumb.jpeg.68e7345be2ee0f17e1f97ee311e39e6f.jpeg

• Like 6