Sign in to follow this  
azelkhunter69

Day 13 Bull...EDIT with pic of Euro almost done

Scouted for a month ahead of the season. Hunted for 13 days and finally everything came together. Tough hunt. Was hunting unit 8 and it was hot and dry. It was 85 the first 5 days and not much cooler after that. 81 yesterday. My son was supposed to be my helper but melted in the heat. I took him home after 5 days and was alone the rest of the way. Some of you will remember my dad passed away in May. This was the first time I went on a hunt without him. Emotional roller coaster for sure. Had many close calls and got a tip from a guy I met on a little hidden water spot. Sat there a couple days with no results other than antelope, mule deer, coyotes etc.. I did get several bulls on camera at night and it kept me coming back. I chased bugles around in between.  After 12 days I was about wore out and decided for good or for bad, I was going to sit that spot until the end. Day 13 found me in the blind before daylight with bulls bugling all around. As luck would have it, part of the herd decided to come down the ravine to the water. The big bull pushed his way through the cows and into the water. 40 yards. He turned to broadside, I calmed myself, settled my pin and let it go. Hit him just a little high which brought on some nervous moments because he bled in his chest instead of leaving a blood trail. But I knew I hit him well and was confident he was dead. Made a circle and found him about halfway back. Not going to lie, I shed some tears. It was a long, physically and emotionally draining hunt for me. Then, I had no help. Did everything on my own. Told my wife,  I can say I did it alone now,  but I never want to do it again. A common theme with the bulls where I was hunting, was weak backs. Everyone thought it was from the drought. Not sure,  but if this bull had backs to go with the ridiculous fronts, I can only imagine what he would have scored. All in all, I had a great hunt and met some good people.  Was considering doing euro mount.  Anyone have any suggestions of someone in Phoenix that is good, and reasonable?

Resized_2 (1).jpg

Resized_2 (3).jpg

Resized95 (1).jpg

Resized_2 (2).jpg

Almost done.  Should have my hands on him soon.  Can't wait to put a tape on him.  Daniel Gradillas of Spot-N-Stalk Skullz holding him.

44159379_2248591812040106_620390717188997120_n.jpg

44388991_2250744175158203_1823596333097811968_n.jpg

Edited by azelkhunter69
Euro almost done.
  • Like 25
  • Wow! 3

Awesome bull. I came home empty in 5bsouth by choice. Hunted the whole season. Passed lots of small bulls didn't see a bull like that. Good job!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Azelkaholic2017 said:

Wow! Great job. And my cousin Daniel  Gradillas does amazing work. Give him a call. (623) 986-8357. Also u can look him up on Facebook Spot-N- Stalk Skullz. 

Ya we got a young man on here that does our euro's, he the bomb diggity.

25 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Ya we got a young man on here that does our euro's, he the bomb diggity.

Talked to his dad.  He is too busy and my bull is stinky.  He told his neighbors no stinky ones.  LOL.  Maybe next time.

• Like 1

Beautiful bull congrats to you!!! Your pop was looking down on you & was with you the whole time!!

• Like 2