COUSE DEER- what are the best units in AZ

Planning a AZ couse hunt to finish my North American deer slam and looking to harvest a respectable mature buck. Not asking for any ones honey hole just wanting some honest opinions on the best units for trophy quality , population numbers , as well as public access. Thanks for your time!

Our G&F regs have a ton of good info on success rate & draw odds for draw tags which can help you nail down what unit to put in for, and the G&F website has great starter points listed unit by unit.  

Seems like everybody has their own favorite unit, but the truth is there are a ton of units that have great access and excellent trophy potential. 

Good luck on your deer slam, I only need the two blacktail species to finish mine.

https://www.azgfd.com/Hunting/Units/

• Like 5

Just go to any unit and fire a 6.5cm at a random mountainside. The bullet is guaranteed to only hit a monster buck. 

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, mattys281 said:

Our G&F regs have a ton of good info on success rate & draw odds for draw tags which can help you nail down what unit to put in for, and the G&F website has great starter points listed unit by unit.  

Seems like everybody has their own favorite unit, but the truth is there are a ton of units that have great access and excellent trophy potential. 

Good luck on your deer slam, I only need the two blacktail species to finish mine.

https://www.azgfd.com/Hunting/Units/

Do what Matty said... stand by, you're gonna get sh!t on by this group. Ed F

• Like 1

I’ve seen a few good Coues in 37b. Close to the airport, you’ll be able to hunt from a motel and have a decent chance of killing a buck. Just be careful because muledeer inhabit the same area.

Look into 26m and don't let anyone tell you other wise, there are toads in there!!!