Sign in to follow this  
Big Tub

My lifetime tag

I put in for over 38 years and had max bonus points for the 2018 sheep draw and got tag #2 in Unit 28 (south).  My son-in-law, Dan Ott, and 26+ year hunting partner, Ed Soyring, accompanied me and the guides, Tyson Hatch and Matt Holcomb of Double H Outfitters. We decided to wait till Monday, Dec 3rd to start hunting to avoid some foul weather and any conflicts with the other hunter in the unit who had been waiting for 51 years for tag #1. Congrats to Craig (and Matt) on his terrific sheep, which scored 189".  We saw lots of sheep on the first day and tried a stalk but two big rams got into it and ran off before we were in position. The second day was more discouraging with fewer sheep sighted and the big one from the day before just walking off out of the area.   Third day was the charm.  High winds kept a herd of 7 rams and 1 ewe pinned down below some cliffs.  Three different stalks finally culminated in a 176 yard shot on a very nice ram.  Pack-out was easy.  He green scored by G&F at 172-1/8” and 6 -7 years old. 

But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ; and, also, to Chris, Matt, Tyson, Ed and Dan.

DSC_4958 (2).JPG

• Like 25

Congrats. Thats a long wait. 

Great looking ram!

A BIG Congrats to You and all that helped..............BOB!