Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Condolences to Blue Ridge Faithful

One of the truly good guys.  I remember in weight training if you were talking to girls to long he would get his key, put it between his fingers and heard the miscreants back into the weight room at brisk walk.   

• Like 1

Played for him back in the day - he was very inspiring. I was really hoping he and Dain would be there when my boys came through but they left right as Nick got to HS. 

RIP Coach.

56 minutes ago, Coach said:

Played for him back in the day - he was very inspiring. I was really hoping he and Dain would be there when my boys came through but they left right as Nick got to HS. 

RIP Coach.

My two oldest played against his teams.......his program elevated the level of football up on the mountain! Few of us have wins against him!!!

The guy set the bar for the entire state!! Blue Ridge football was something of legend when we were in high school. It would be great to see AIA or the Arizona sports community as a whole, take the time and really shine a spotlight on who and how he was.

• Like 1

I was fortunate, got to play for him when his kids were on the team. funnest years of my life. he was down with hunting and fishing too. he took me duck hunting on the rez when i was playing for him. i thought that was really cool. he drove his jeep cherokee down to the white river like it was a long travel baja 1000 rig. i took him bass fishing about a year ago after he was diagnosed, we hammered them. the last 4 years of his life were tough 

14 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I was fortunate, got to play for him when his kids were on the team. funnest years of my life. he was down with hunting and fishing too. he took me duck hunting on the rez when i was playing for him. i thought that was really cool. he drove his jeep cherokee down to the white river like it was a long travel baja 1000 rig. i took him bass fishing about a year ago after he was diagnosed, we hammered them. the last 4 years of his life were tough 

That is pretty cool you had that kind of a relationship with him!!!! He did have a really rough last few years!!!!

As an opponent.......he never relinquished the death grip on an opponent, never gave them breathing room. This led to many a defeat before the game ever started as teams were just so intimdated by the program!

Special teams were incredible.....you could count on at least one kickoff return or punt return!!!!

• Like 1

I played varsity in '85, '86 and '87. I lined up opposite of Tim Landers. That boy destroyed me...everytime!...lmao. Sad to hear he passed away in the late '90s.

Anyways....Moro beat us all 3 years! He built an incredible program. 

RIP

• Like 1