JBenz63

When you’re upset you don’t draw

5 hours ago, hunthard said:

I hate how some are abusing the point guard. I know a guy who’s had 3 unit 10 early archery bull tags in a row. Drew the first year on his own with a ton of points. Then the second year put in with his mom who had a ton of points. They bought point guard, so turned her tag in. Then put in again together for the third year and drew it again. Luckily there’s karma and he only killed his first year haha

His mom must have had 23 points?  

19 minutes ago, JBenz63 said:

Lol this post went salty really fast. I just want get a dang tag.

Its like were ankles deep in trphyhntrs Asian massage parlor.  

• Like 1

3 1/2 hrs to update dead line.. What time you think they'll start hitting cards tomorrow?

12 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

3 1/2 hrs to update dead line.. What time you think they'll start hitting cards tomorrow?

I don't know but I'm chilaxing in bed til my text alerts blow up. Then dancing naked in celebration.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

If the past is any indication, the first report of a hit will trickle in right after 7am.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brademan76 said:

Wow.

I had no idea people were openly doing this. I have plenty of people I'm going to be buying bonus points for now to keep up. Srs

Almost everyone I know that can does this

6 minutes ago, buffhunter said:

Almost everyone I know that can does this

Almost everyone I know will be doing it too... to my benefit. Hello elk tag every year starting in about 10 years!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 1uofacat said:

While what you're doing is not necessarily worse, you are IMO no better than the guys who "sold" their points in the past.  I'm not going to pass judgement on whether or not that makes you "evil", but you are knowingly abusing the system in a way it was not intended, and to myself that's wrong because by so-doing people who abuse the system are potentially stealing tags from other "honest" applicants, loophole or not.  Here's hoping it doesn't work out for those who knowingly abuse the system!  I'd personally rather see someone with no bonus points get a tag than someone who is knowingly abusing the system to increase their odds against others who aren't. 

This comes down to morals.  If there was a loophole that allowed "buddy hunting", would you do it because you could legally "get away with it"?  If you found a wallet on the ground with a lot of money and someone's ID would you return it?  What if they were robbed at gunpoint and the "thief" by accident dropped the wallet on the ground and you found it?  What if it was your wallet?  Would you want someone to return it to you?  There's no law that says you have to... 

It comes down to right & wrong... we all know what that is.  & BTW, we all love to hunt, so don't justify your reason to abuse the system just because you love to hunt where it is increasingly hard to draw, and you can get away with it. 

BTW, there is no law that says you can't legally take a game camera left on a tree in the forest either, but I believe most of us know the "unspoken" law that it's wrong to do so.  Would you take game cameras too?  Is increasing your odds "unfairly, but 'legally'" and therefore potentially taking another hunter's tag any different?

If by chance you do get drawn, I sincerely hope you take your daughter out and let her hunt with you.  The benefits of even a few days in the field with her will likely more than outweigh any benefit you get by abusing the system we have, regardless of whether or not others do it.

just my thoughts...

Signing over tags = Stealing Wallets and Cams

LMAO

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, brademan76 said:

Almost everyone I know will be doing it too... to my benefit. Hello elk tag every year starting in about 10 years!

Lol more like 20 or 25 years 

2 hours ago, 1uofacat said:

While what you're doing is not necessarily worse, you are IMO no better than the guys who "sold" their points in the past.  I'm not going to pass judgement on whether or not that makes you "evil", but you are knowingly abusing the system in a way it was not intended, and to myself that's wrong because by so-doing people who abuse the system are potentially stealing tags from other "honest" applicants, loophole or not.  Here's hoping it doesn't work out for those who knowingly abuse the system!  I'd personally rather see someone with no bonus points get a tag than someone who is knowingly abusing the system to increase their odds against others who aren't. 

This comes down to morals.  If there was a loophole that allowed "buddy hunting", would you do it because you could legally "get away with it"?  If you found a wallet on the ground with a lot of money and someone's ID would you return it?  What if they were robbed at gunpoint and the "thief" by accident dropped the wallet on the ground and you found it?  What if it was your wallet?  Would you want someone to return it to you?  There's no law that says you have to... 

It comes down to right & wrong... we all know what that is.  & BTW, we all love to hunt, so don't justify your reason to abuse the system just because you love to hunt where it is increasingly hard to draw, and you can get away with it. 

BTW, there is no law that says you can't legally take a game camera left on a tree in the forest either, but I believe most of us know the "unspoken" law that it's wrong to do so.  Would you take game cameras too?  Is increasing your odds "unfairly, but 'legally'" and therefore potentially taking another hunter's tag any different?

If by chance you do get drawn, I sincerely hope you take your daughter out and let her hunt with you.  The benefits of even a few days in the field with her will likely more than outweigh any benefit you get by abusing the system we have, regardless of whether or not others do it.

just my thoughts...

Um apples to oranges IMHO

• Like 2

12 hours ago, trophyseeker said:

Better. BUT...no draw is going to make everyone happy all the time. Even in a perfect system, those who get left out aren't happy, right? 

Pretty sure that's exactly what I just said.

From the regs.

1546306023_Youthelkhunts.PNG.4d68247582ebc323da73cb330ca13de6.PNG

880919381_youthdeer1.PNG.845f62e523f61f504aeb98ac8f63d98c.PNG

1376890532_youthdeer2.PNG.3e14984970a8d63e5913152391bcbaa9.PNG

I'm not seeing a lot of "Youth only" bull hunts or rut deer hunts. 

So, if the problem is putting your wife or a grandparent in for a trophy hunt with the sole expectation that the tag, if drawn, will go to a youth hunter - I can see where that could be a source of frustration.

Maybe those of you who don't like that part of the system should lobby G&F to limit the types of tags that can be passed down to youth hunters. But that would require that certain hunts be designated as "trophy/premium" hunts. Kind of like NM does. But, as soon as G&F creates that distinction, I guarantee there will be a "premium" price tag associated with those hunts.

Or, conversely, suggest that no tags can be passed down - that's the way it used to be, and there's obvious support for that shown in this thread. Personally, I'm fine with that. 

To Toby's point, if you are in situation where taking your kids hunting ends up with them not getting involved - that happens, and it's time to find them a different hobby. 

Best wishes to all of you in the draw this year - with the much needed water we're getting, and coming off a couple of "slump" years, this could be a stellar rebound year. I'm betting there will be some awesome bulls and bucks killed this year. 

Good hunting,

Jason

There are no youth bull elk  or rut deer but getting out there right after archery season when dads scouting and before there pushed to nocturnal movement its better then the rut. Lots of big whitetails and mule deer bucks killed. 

Elk is only cow.

All of these guys that are calling (using the system as the G&F created ie. to get more kids involved in hunting to stop the decline of hunters) immoral, unfair,  etc. are just trying to shame people into not applying so they (the shamers) can have a better chance to draw what they want.  I think that shamers should be not allowed to draw because they are mean. There should be more kids tags.  Kids should have five permanent bonus  points added till they are 21 when they take the hunter safety course.  👴