Sign in to follow this  
naturebob

Help in 36A I

I have hunted 36c Many many times. I put in as 4th choice after having Kaibab last year and in a hurry or Dimentshia  setting in now at 63  I put in wrong # and drew 36a late November into early December hunt. I have never hunted it or been there in My 42 years of living here. At least I only spent 2 points on it.  Bought a topo of the whole unit at Wide World of maps. Been looking at old posts etc. I here some gates are locked  Was told to go out of Arivaca and told of a Mtn. range to hunt but I need to know where to go in and what roads to take without going the long way or wasting time ETC.  I will hunt as long as it takes and was thinking if Solo I might stay at the RV park in Arivaca. is that do able? or worth it.  Or if some one has the same Hunt if I could camp with You guys and then go hunt on My own.  Just for safety reasons. I would Love to hear from anyone with info Thanks Bob!   602 422 0353  

I hunted this unit for quite a few years , but that was along time ago , I’m talkin a long time ago ,but I would be happy to share my info with you. Not even sure if the access points are still accessible. Bucks are pleatyful , but not huge , but there are some monsters  in there no doubt. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, naturebob said:

I will hunt as long as it takes and was thinking if Solo I might stay at the RV park in Arivaca. is that do able? or worth it. 

The last time I hunted 36B, my oldest son borrowed his boss's tent trailer and we set up in the RV park. It was nice to have running water, electricity, wi-fi and a restroom/shower facility. Plus, you're somewhat isolated from the illegal traffic. Not sure if it is still the same, but they also had a small restaurant where you could grab a quick burger, etc. Be sure to call for reservations if you decide to stay there. 

• Like 1

I can't help you in terms of camp grounds but I struck out on all my draws this year and am just waiting for archery to open again. I live on the northern border or 34A so I'm not far away from there. If you would like an extra set of eyes I'd be more than happy to help you glass up some deer in an unfamiliar unit. No worries if not but feel free to PM me if you're interested. Good luck.

• Like 3

Last time I was in 36a (two years ago) I saw these guys.  Chances are if you live north of I-10 you are not going to make it. You should just give up your tag now and live!   Or send me a way to message you and I'll  send you a couple of pins to tryout. 

FB_IMG_1572397763111.thumb.jpg.dcd9784cb7f1e04e4fcf743412230065.jpg

was There Friday and Saturday, friend missed 2 studs. I couldn’t believe how little illegal sign we saw compared to the other times I’ve been. I literally did not even see a single black water jug, tuna can, or back pack.

I hunted the first November hunt last year in 36A focusing on the west end in the NWR. I saw plenty of deer but the midnight hikers were waaay to thick for this solo hunter. I moved off the refuge, killed an average buck and has a great time. 

23 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

was There Friday and Saturday, friend missed 2 studs. I couldn’t believe how little illegal sign we saw compared to the other times I’ve been. I literally did not even see a single black water jug, tuna can, or back pack.

Go ahead and pm the location you were hunting.   Thanks.  Ha ha 

• Haha 1