CatfishKev

Payroll deposits without a bank account.

My son is gonna be employed by the high school and needs an account, also my new payroll company will start doing only Direct deposit here shortly.  Anyone know what services are reliable? I've heard of a couple but dont know anything about them. 

6 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

My son is gonna be employed by the high school and needs an account, also my new payroll company will start doing only Direct deposit here shortly.  Anyone know what services are reliable? I've heard of a couple but dont know anything about them. 

Ajera and Deltek.

forepaw

7 minutes ago, 360 0r Better said:

File a discrimination law suit who the heck mandates you have to have a checking account to get paid. The only main reason for electronic pay is for their convenience 

HAHA- i would say see ya, take your lawsuit and stick it up your butt.... and there would be NOTHING you can do. 

• Like 1

Focus HR. They handle payroll for a lot of businesses in my business group and I hear they are superb. Let me know if you need direct contact information and I will gladly send over to you...

If it is a public school DSFCU (Desert Financial Credit Union) should be an option or get him an account where you bank. I opened up accounts for my kids when they were young and would do deposits from my account every payday.

4 hours ago, 360 0r Better said:

File a discrimination law suit who the heck mandates you have to have a checking account to get paid. The only main reason for electronic pay is for their convenience 

All federal gov employees are mandated to have direct deposit... and many other businesses 

I think it's like a prepaid debit card.  I even heard apple pay and I think amazon have a version of it now.  I've got no experience with it myself which is why I was asking.   

Check the fine print with preloaded cards.  I've had employee's use different services and there are quite a few that have service fees for just about every transaction.  Best route would be to open him up an account,  I just piggy backed my daughters accounts on to mine until they were comfortable on their own then they became sol owners.

Cash, silver or gold instead of a check.