PRDATR

Anyone know the family washed away in Tonto Basin?

Sounds like Stupid Mortorist Law... very unfortunate and sad for the children!

"There were barricades across the road at the time, and signs that say do not cross when flooded", according to Sheriff Dodd. - AZ Central

• Like 4

You're worried about what they'll  be charged with-  how about every time they see a family with their kids alive, how about driving by a high school and thinking about what grade your kid would be in? 

• Like 6

Yeah, it’s a family from Pinetop. They are hunters and construction families. I expect that several here know them. The Mom went to Blue Ridge with my wife.

Before people start jumping to conclusions they should get facts. These were experienced outdoor people who live in the mountains, not some California import living in Scottsdale. 

Right now it isn’t clear if there were barricades up or not, and the family was probably coming out from Tonto Basin not headed toward the lake. So no one knows what kind of road markings there were coming from their direction.

The children were a combination from two different families, their moms are sisters I believe. 

Everyone who knows them is devastated. So yeah please.. keep your unfounded judgements to yourself.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, AZLance said:

Sounds like Stupid Mortorist Law... very unfortunate and sad for the children!

There were barricades across the road at the time, and signs that say do not cross when flooded, according to Sheriff Dodd. - AZ Central

Go away Lance. Seriously just go ahead and disappear. This crap isn’t needed right now.

• Like 5

Dodd said the 5-year-old boy’s body was found about 3 miles (4.8 kilometers) downstream of the crossing which had been closed hours before the truck tried to cross Friday despite barricades and warning signs. Drivers “really need to not ignore that. It’s very dangerous. It’s very hazardous,” Sheriff Dodd said in announcing the first death. “In this case, this horrible and tragic incident ... that’s what happens when you ignore these types of signs.”  AZ Daily Sun, Flagstaff

• Like 5

The father has been in the freezing water for over 48 hours, looking for his daughter. I cant do more than I am, but lots of people, the guys with big equipment are there. All I ask, please, don't go after these parents, they are going through more than most of us can imagine. If you can say a prayer for them. 

• Like 7

Prayers going out to the family, breaks my heart for those kids and parents!

I wish they would just build the bridge across. I cant believe it hasn't been built yet it effects a large number of peoples lives.

• Like 2