yotebuster

The official “I didn’t get jack shoot” thread

1 minute ago, muledeerarea33? said:

It’d work if you were able to buy/sell/trade tags.

absolutely would, but I for one would probably never get an archery bull tag ever again.

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

no it would not. someone thats been paying $13 app fees for 20 years should be better off than someone who is just starting to apply. 

... plus this...

15 hours ago, RimCountry350 said:

Yeah I don’t get it...buddy next to me drew the 5A antelope hunt (7 tags) twice in a row with 10 BPs. Got drawn, turned the tag in and got drawn the next year...it’s been 9 years since my last bull tag.  Some people’s luck...

How big of a set of balls do you have to have to turn back a rifle antelope tag you drew with 10pts?!?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

no it would not. someone thats been paying $13 app fees for 20 years should be better off than someone who is just starting to apply. 

Thats not true, as then it wouldn't be a fair system. if those guys with 20 points would put in for something other than Early bull in certain units they would probably get drawn.

what about the guy that buys a hunting and fishing license every year. or the guy that does  volunteer work for for game and fish there no different then the guys who pay the app fees.

back in the AZOD days there were guys who tried to make it better for them. like adding a bonus point for those who did volunteer work, those who put in for xxx amount of years etc etc. its all the ABOUT me which isnt a fair system. A fair system is you dump the bonus points and everyone is equal. keep adding bonus points and people will all have close to the same amount. why because some put in only for early rifle elk in trophy units only, yet they are the same people who complain that others get elk tags and they dont.

of course every ones "FAIR" idea is always sided to help them and not others. Dont get me wrong, I understand  guys who want only early bull rifle in certain units and only put in for that every year but with xx tags what do you expect do the math odds arent really good there pretty close to getting a ram tag odds.

as far as my comment just put in and get what you get, yeah thats far fetched but that would be a True Fair System. would be fun to watch though. ;)

Honestly. it doesn't matter what the system is, someone will always bitch.  

The solution to drawing more tags is....put in for easier hunts to draw, end of story.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

i guess we fundamentally disagree on what fair means. 

Thats exactly the problem the definition of fair as everyone will have a different meaning.

whats fair for everyone. straight across the board.

whats fair for those who get the tags they want and turns them back in because they got injured and cant go, or dont like this years horn growth, etc etc

whats fair for those who only put in for trophy tags.

If they made it so you couldnt apply for x amount of years after you got drawn, Game and fish would loose a ton of money, I mean why put in if you cant get drawn for 3 years. but thats usually countered by well you still have to pay during those years. that would be Illegal in which to do basically taking money for something there not going to give you.

5 hours ago, Delw said:

The ONLY fair SYSTEM is eliminating ALL bonus points making every one equal.

Thats a Start

A true fair system would be to just put in for a Elk tag and you get what is drawn wether is be early late cow bull rifle muzzy archery etc etc.

Everyone has the right to make their own choices.  Everyone has the right to put in for tough to draw units or not.  Everyone has the right to stock-pile bonus points over MANY years or not.  How is this not fair? 🙄

1 minute ago, stanley said:

Everyone has the right to make their own choices.  Everyone has the right to put in for tough to draw units or not.  Everyone has the right to stock-pile bonus points over MANY years or not.  How is this not fair? 🙄

I never said it wasn't, and its not a right Its a privilege

• Confused 1

The Draw is luck.... I put in for trash hunts and didn’t draw and put in for tags I shouldn’t have drawn and did. I don’t think the draw should change. Adjust accordingly 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Delw said:

I never said it wasn't, and its not a right Its a privilege

If you said “the only fair system is...” that implies all other systems are not fair.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Delw said:

Thats exactly the problem the definition of fair as everyone will have a different meaning.

whats fair for everyone. straight across the board.

whats fair for those who get the tags they want and turns them back in because they got injured and cant go, or dont like this years horn growth, etc etc

whats fair for those who only put in for trophy tags.

If they made it so you couldnt apply for x amount of years after you got drawn, Game and fish would loose a ton of money, I mean why put in if you cant get drawn for 3 years. but thats usually countered by well you still have to pay during those years. that would be Illegal in which to do basically taking money for something there not going to give you.

You wouldn't put in if you couldn't draw, you would have the option to buy a point or Not by a point or start applying three years later and building points. Therefore not illegal.  I think that's the best option. 

Next problem would be to decide which hunts it would apply to.

If we are talking about a completely fair system, the only one I know of is Preference points. Someone with lower number of points cannot pull a tag away from someone who has more. That’s fair and reasonable. I know it won’t happen here though...