UggRedBilly

Big Bo Ranch (Unit 10)

1 minute ago, naturebob said:

I cant beleive some people , Honestly. I think You either Hunt or You don't.  I drew a Unit 10 early tag 5 years ago and had never stepped a foot in  the unit.   I hired  a guide .That I don't like to do, But He Knew the unit.   Take it from there...............BOB! 

You gotta do what you gotta do! It is gonna be a heavy amount of money for me so I wanna make it count! And if I do t get anything that is fine too! It's about the memories for me. But fresh elk tendies make it better!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

That's amazing! Thank you!

16 minutes ago, az300wby said:

your binos will be your best friend in 10.  Hope you have a spotter.  
Bed them down and make it happen.  One more

CA487630-47A1-43D6-9D5F-F334E8FDC950.jpeg

Looks like on top of bishop 

80% of unit 10 looks like that picture.  Bishop is a great spot.  Another bone.  

• Haha 1

Just now, az300wby said:

80% of unit 10 looks like that picture.  Bishop is a great spot.  Another bone.  

Thanks man😂imma chase it as soon as the ranch opens!

57 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

I have been learning how to lately with my friends! The "gridding" technique! I found lots of whitetail in 24b with it and TONS of mullies in 24a and 25m and 26m which is where I found that deer. I am actually going to sportsmens tomorrow to buy a new glass for a far distance tripod. A vortex 15x56 vulture HD! I currently have a 10×50 vortex hd which is great for within 400 yards but I wanna glass for miles! And I will buy my first tripod soon too!

Best bang for your buck budget tripod is the vanguard 264ao ($149 with a decent head on it) Vultures are a good start. Keep an eye on aaoptics.com for a refurbished pair of vultures,  vipers or even kaibabs.  On the late hunt I think glassing is your best bet. 

5 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Best bang for your buck budget tripod is the vanguard 264ao ($149 with a decent head on it) Vultures are a good start. Keep an eye on aaoptics.com for a refurbished pair of vultures,  vipers or even kaibabs.  On the late hunt I think glassing is your best bet. 

Dang you guys are a ton of help! Thank you a ton! I will update y'alls on what I find! Thank you!

56 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

You gotta do what you gotta do! It is gonna be a heavy amount of money for me so I wanna make it count! And if I do t get anything that is fine too! It's about the memories for me. But fresh elk tendies make it

Just remember to have your brother help you drag it under the power lines and help you take pictures !!

3 hours ago, UggRedBilly said:

Thank you! I am renting a car this Thursday to go up there for the first time. Never been in the part of the state! I am gonna go near the kiabab lake area and work my way west at it gets closer towards season!

Might want to try Uber that way you dont have to pay for gas and someone will drive you up there so you can get a nap before hiking  ;) 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 10sec72 said:

Looks like on top of bishop 

Ha ha ha you see three trees and it must be the Bishop!!  Az300whb is right.  80% of the unit looks like that pic bro

14 hours ago, UggRedBilly said:

That's amazing! Thank you!

14 hours ago, az300wby said:

your binos will be your best friend in 10.  Hope you have a spotter.  
Bed them down and make it happen.  One more

CA487630-47A1-43D6-9D5F-F334E8FDC950.jpeg

just saying that on top of bishop is a good place to glass from with a spotter or a set of 15’s 

• Like 1

AZ300 I don't think You have much of a brain. .No Comprende. DA.............BOB!