UggRedBilly

Big Bo Ranch (Unit 10)

I got drawn for a late archery unit 10 bull tag along with my dad and friend who got the antlerless tag at the same time. I plan on going to the Big Bo Ranch area! Where are good areas to hunt/scout? I am not looking for a trophy as this is my first elk hunt! Thank you! Any tips help!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

Why not maybe? Is the area that good?

The "bone" has been thrown.

you asked the same thing 3 months ago . your 18 so I am guessing you have a vehicle. Id start looking unit 10 over to get familiar with it, you have a long time before your hunt there is NO excuses you cant find a area on your own.

Drive, scout, glass, time, and effort and you will get your elk.  There are no honey holes.  Elk are at where you find them.

Start your hunt a few days before the actual hunt starts so you have a few days of scouting before the actual opener. 

• Like 1

Thank you! I am renting a car this Thursday to go up there for the first time. Never been in the part of the state! I am gonna go near the kiabab lake area and work my way west at it gets closer towards season!

32 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Renting a car at 18 yrs old? Where are you diving from?

I live in Apache Junction! 20 miles East of Phoenix! There is thing called avail car lending. And what it does is that someone parks their car at this place and they pay you for the car you drop off when someone leaves the airport and I can use it while that person is on vacation! It's expensive but my parents do not have any new cars and neither do I. However me and my friend (same age) are halting each expense for this hunt!

• Like 2