elecshoc

Effects of the virus scare?

20 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I agree, more likely to die from heart related stuff in my family than corona. But if I can keep them out of the corona stats then I did my part.

Thats fine!  I agree.  But nearly 1.25 million people die in road crashes every year and 35,000 in the US.  Do we stay home and not do anything?  We just live with those odds.  Everyone here has a better chance of dying in a car crash this year instead of corona.  IF we are doing everything to save human life a working society will not exist!  There needs a machine of economics to work and move forward.  Just strange we don't give a crap of all the other stuff that kills us but we let media freak us out and consume us.   Again I still think its a huge problem and we can do our part.  Just like we need to practice safe driving.  Do your part and stay safe on the roads.  But we just can't keep the cars home or nothing will go on.  Just something to think about!

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Zeke-BE said:

Thats fine!  I agree.  But nearly 1.25 million people die in road crashes every year and 35,000 in the US.  Do we stay home and not do anything?  We just live with those odds.  Everyone here has a better chance of dying in a car crash this year instead of corona.  IF we are doing everything to save human life a working society will not exist!  There needs a machine of economics to work and move forward.  Just strange we don't give a crap of all the other stuff that kills us but we let media freak us out and consume us.   Again I still think its a huge problem and we can do our part.  Just like we need to practice safe driving.  Do your part and stay safe on the roads.  But we just can't keep the cars home or nothing will go on.  Just something to think about!

Totally agree!!! I let my pops drive to the dump awhile ago. I ended up driving back! No need to be a corona car crash victim!

47075.jpeg

• Like 2

CITY FOLK BE LIKE

FB_IMG_1585407729857.jpg.f1c945f4dce6d8a496d8cfea26e0c88d.jpg

When this thing first started, most people did not take took it too seriously.  (I'll admit...I'm guilty.)  

We are hearing all kinds of rationalizations in arguments as to why it's not a big deal.   No one in the rural counties wanted any quarantine to happen because the numbers of infections were too low. Now we are seeing those counties significantly affected and the threat is becoming more serious with each day that passes.    We hear about the automobile death rate argument and how we don't stop driving.   We initially thought compromised and older individuals were the ones impacted with the virus.   That has changed to some degree in with the deaths of younger, and seemingly healthy individuals dying slow deaths hooked to ventilators.  We are hearing that this is America and we don't want our freedoms taken away.  

All those positions have relevant points.  Healthy, civil debate is good, and it should not be discouraged.  However, we have become so polarized and petty in the discussions that it is ridiculous.    

We need to realize is that this thing is real.    It's not going away in the short term.  

Let's keep the discussion going but realize this that we need to be civil and thoughtful.   

I also like to say thanks to the first responders, doctors, nurses, delivery drivers, pharmacists, etc., who are putting their lives on the line so that all of us can have some normalcy in our lives.   I'm sure that they don't hear it enough regarding how much they are appreciated. 

We will get through this thing and come out on the other side.   Let's stand together.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, quailchaser said:

When this thing first started, most people did not take took it too seriously.  (I'll admit...I'm guilty.)  

We are hearing all kinds of rationalizations in arguments as to why it's not a big deal.   No one in the rural counties wanted any quarantine to happen because the numbers of infections were too low. Now we are seeing those counties significantly affected and the threat is becoming more serious with each day that passes.    We hear about the automobile death rate argument and how we don't stop driving.   We initially thought compromised and older individuals were the ones impacted with the virus.   That has changed to some degree in with the deaths of younger, and seemingly healthy individuals dying slow deaths hooked to ventilators.  We are hearing that this is America and we don't want our freedoms taken away.  

All those positions have relevant points.  Healthy, civil debate is good, and it should not be discouraged.  However, we have become so polarized and petty in the discussions that it is ridiculous.    

We need to realize is that this thing is real.    It's not going away in the short term.  

Let's keep the discussion going but realize this that we need to be civil and thoughtful.   

I also like to say thanks to the first responders, doctors, nurses, delivery drivers, pharmacists, etc., who are putting their lives on the line so that all of us can have some normalcy in our lives.   I'm sure that they don't hear it enough regarding how much they are appreciated. 

We will get through this thing and come out on the other side.   Let's stand together.  

Why is it on here or social media it I point out facts about automobile death rates,  swine flue facts, or regular flu, and  media scared everyone resulting in no rational thinking that they come on and assume everyone here is not caring about whats going on or doing their part, and saying this is not a real thing.  I could be wrong but most people on here said nothing about how this is not real.  Or say they are not doing their part.

-Swine flu was real!  Where was media and everyone else in the country?  NO where!  Life went on 

-Seasonal flu this year in US 55,000 people.   Is their life less important then the Covid-19??

-10,000 alcohol automobile death rate and all the domestic violence but we are not shutting down alcohol.  They tried that and it backfired.

You can go on and on, all I am pointing out is the fact there are many things going on but we only care about this Covid-19.  A friend of mine just told me she found out test results that she has breast cancer.  Now she can't even set up a time to go get a mamogram to see how serious this is or if its spreading fast.  We freaked everyone out to rush to hospitals, and take all the TP over something we had already gone through before with Swine flu.  People keep their cool, news companies stop scaring everyone, and everyone does their part to mitigate the spread, and life can go on instead of cutting our own wrist at the same time.         

• Like 5

From a family friend in phx, she's a surgical tech.  Phx medical staff are gearing up for this.  She's worked as a nurse for as long as I can remember and worked in elective surgeries. She just put a message that she was asked for the first time in many years to be available for the ER.  This is mainly because of her familiarity with intubating patients.  

Hopefully its an overreaction.

20200328_135120.thumb.jpg.011551f6169fae529bf3d0ca7b0f5e90.jpg

One thing with comparisons between this and the flu.....flu season is about over. This is just getting started.

I was one of those guys that blew it off. Not anymore. I had  a sick coworker blow a big sneeze right in my face on the 25th. Then he tells me that two of his kids are horribly sick with something.

I can't wait to see how this turns out.