elecshoc

Effects of the virus scare?

9 hours ago, Edge said:

Since we are commiserating, I had a 33 year old nephew die from Covid last Thursday. He was the golden boy of my 2nd oldest sister.

The family was so proud of him. He managed to turn his life around while his three brothers descended into drugs and thug life.

He graduated college, and was an emergency room nurse at Thunderbird Banner, a.level 1 adult trauma center. He had just finished the necessary studies to complete the Physician Assistant program.

Your nephew was a front line hero, and should be honored as such.  He gave his life helping his fellow Americans. RIP

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, ctafoya said:

Its wierd how this virus goes after mostly sick or old then out of the blue take a young healthy person. Hopefully they figure out what the deal is or just tell us the truth. 

I think a lot of the younger people could have other health related issues and not even know it. Most of the guys I know my age won't even go to the Dr until something is seriously wrong. But who knows...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

I think a lot of the younger people could have other health related issues and not even know it. Most of the guys I know my age won't even go to the Dr until something is seriously wrong. But who knows...

Correct sir.

Concerning my nephew, he was aware he had underlying health issues that weakened his immune system but he had managed these well for years. But add the virus to these otherwise tepid conditions and it proved fatal.

Twice he had to take the 2 week quarantine from his hospital job to deal with his exposure to Coronavirus. He won't be returning from the latest and will be laid to rest this afternoon.

4 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

Your nephew was a front line hero, and should be honored as such.  He gave his life helping his fellow Americans. RIP

Thanks, that's how we will remember him, he had so much promise.

A week ago last Tuesday, a buddy who is an EMS was exposed to a known Covid positive patient that coughed and spit all over him in an obvious racially motivated assault. 

He tells me this over lunch the following day while helping himself to the potato chips on my plate.

And yeah he's a Coueswhitetail.com member and probably reading this,  (you know who you are you Dick...lol).

Following day, the EMS is tested for the Covid antibody, still no results back. WTH. The way I look at it, were I quarantined, and yeah I experienced all the symptoms last week, my quarantine would be up in a couple days. I'll probably die of something else before seeing my buddies test results.

• Like 1

59303.jpeg

• Haha 2

If any of you listen to 98 kupd, I thought I heard today that Brady got the virus. Knowing these clowns they will report on it everyday.  it will be interesting to see how he does over time.

I personally think the virus is not big deal for most, but having said that, its always in the back of my head it is a big deal. My fed x driver was in last week and said he knows a bunch of coworkers who got it. none of them got any sicker than the flu, most didnt even get sick but tested positive. 2 friends got it no problems as what they told me. one friends family member got it and passed away he was young and had underlying conditions.

as seen on this forum some family members and friends of theres got it. 2? passed away I believe. the rest were fine.

Wife only goes grocery shopping. I stop at the qt for a drink in the am and thats all the socializing we do persay. We have to keep and eye on our son as his immune system isnt up to par so to speak, but he is in excellent shape his only underlying problem is heart surgery when he was 6 months old(27 years ago). kids healthy as a horse and has all kinds of energy, He's stuck at the shop with us and not doing his usual activities so hes getting kinda of bored, with no adult day program and his job with the city on hold. we figured last month in july he would be back to normal but with this new uptick they put everything on hold for another 1-2 months.

not to mention if he does get it the wife will have to go to the hospitol with him and not be allowed out once she is in with him, Which really sucks for parents of younger kids and those parents who have kids that have handicaps.

so whats your thoughts on all this 5 months into it. Im on the same thinking I was when it started and actually started feeling laxed on it a few weeks ago when this  boost in cases started hitting again. I know more people(friends and such) who have gotten it in the last month than in the 1st 4 months.

My feelings pretty much echo yours, Del.  My 21 year old daughter has been having minor freak-out moments as friends (or really, friends of friends) have stories of testing positive.  I have pretty much been telling her to just be smart (wash hands a lot, try to stay away from big parties (she finds this part a challenge), and just be smart).  I remind her that it appears the facts are this:  The large majority of those who end-up dying from this are very old and/or have serious underlying health conditions.  Said another way, the VAST majority of otherwise healthy people will not die from this. 

My daughter has a very close life-long friend who has cystic fibrosis.  For that sweet young lady, it is a totally different deal if she gets it.  I pray for her.

S.

Ok... this is officially Orwellian.  Type ANY 3 digit number into a google search bar followed by “New Cases” (without the quotation marks). Mind blown. I feel like i’m in a SciFi movie. 

On 6/18/2020 at 6:08 AM, stanley said:

My feelings pretty much echo yours, Del.  My 21 year old daughter has been having minor freak-out moments as friends (or really, friends of friends) have stories of testing positive.  I have pretty much been telling her to just be smart (wash hands a lot, try to stay away from big parties (she finds this part a challenge), and just be smart).  I remind her that it appears the facts are this:  The large majority of those who end-up dying from this are very old and/or have serious underlying health conditions.  Said another way, the VAST majority of otherwise healthy people will not die from this. 

My daughter has a very close life-long friend who has cystic fibrosis.  For that sweet young lady, it is a totally different deal if she gets it.  I pray for her.

S.

If that same lady were to get the regular flu or pneumonia it would be a big deal as well. This is nothing new or special, but for some reason the media hype and panic finally got to everyone. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AverageJoe said:

If that same lady were to get the regular flu or pneumonia it would be a big deal as well. This is nothing new or special, but for some reason the media hype and panic finally got to everyone. 

Not 100% true.  COVID specifically attacks the respiratory system, often settling in the lungs.  Not all regular strains of influenza have that great of a affect specifically on the lungs.  Not sure if you know what CF is or does, but it has to do with excess production of fluids/mucus.   The combination of COVID and CF is on average a MUCH bigger deal than with most 'regular' influenza.    Regarding pneumonia, it's really not a great comparison.  Pneumonia is an infection, not a virus.  In fact, the cause of death of many COVID patients is actually the pneumonia brought on by the virus (root cause being the virus).  If my sweet little CF friend were to pass away of this virus (or any), it would likely be due to pneumonia brought on by the illness.  I am NO expert, and am only going off of what a couple of physician friends have shared (one of them being the CF patient's father).

COVID actually IS something new.  Deny if you want, but it truly is a virus that has never been seen before (hence new).  I don't disagree that the media is hyping it, but that doesn't mean it is not new.

S.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

any three digit number. Change it... 999, 807, 123, 666, 772....

Gotcha, but still not certain regarding why mind blown.

You realize that Google has an immense database, and further draws on data from all over the world (talking, like multiple BILLIONS of bits of info)?  If it can't find an exact match, it will retrieve the closest it can find.   Given all of the reporting, media, stories, hype, blogging, whatever, it stands to reason that there will be Google 'hits' on virtually any combination of numbers/searches done.

Enter any sort of random questions/comments/words into Google, and it is liable to return mind-blowing results.   LOL

9 minutes ago, stanley said:

Gotcha, but still not certain regarding why mind blown.

You realize that Google has an immense database, and further draws on data from all over the world (talking, like multiple BILLIONS of bits of info)?  If it can't find an exact match, it will retrieve the closest it can find.   Given all of the reporting, media, stories, hype, blogging, whatever, it stands to reason that there will be Google 'hits' on virtually any combination of numbers/searches done.

Enter any sort of random questions/comments/words into Google, and it is liable to return mind-blowing results.   LOL

It’s a scam

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1