jknister

Youth Turkey?

33 minutes ago, Elkaddict said:

Having fun! One of the grandsons rolled one at 30 yds, just hit the feathers, nothing in neck or head. Rolled then jumped up and flew across the canyon. That was on the second day, today the same grandson had three gobblers appear at 25 yds and didn’t take the shot, I was 4 yds from him and kept saying “shoot” but lots of things going on in his mind:

1- they were gobbling but when they came out of the canyon they weren’t strutting so didn’t know if they were Toms

2-thought the beard was on the chin and didn’t see one till they got close enough to see there chest

3- thought they were probably too far.

He says he won’t be able to sleep tonight 😂

keep at it...he will tell that story for ever...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elkaddict said:

Having fun! One of the grandsons rolled one at 30 yds, just hit the feathers, nothing in neck or head. Rolled then jumped up and flew across the canyon. That was on the second day, today the same grandson had three gobblers appear at 25 yds and didn’t take the shot, I was 4 yds from him and kept saying “shoot” but lots of things going on in his mind:

1- they were gobbling but when they came out of the canyon they weren’t strutting so didn’t know if they were Toms

2-thought the beard was on the chin and didn’t see one till they got close enough to see there chest

3- thought they were probably too far.

He says he won’t be able to sleep tonight 😂

Sounds like they’re having a blast Terry.

Looking forward to seeing  the pics.

• Like 1

Larry , I got some pictures for Ya! LOL............BOB!

I took my girl up to 7. We found 6 hens and a Tom Thursday afternoon. Went back at 4:30 A.M. to hunt that area and had a guy stop every 1/4 mile and coyote howl trying to get a gobble. He drove by us and then parked a couple hundreds yards up the road. We heard gobbles early in the morning but couldn't get a visual on them. Thanks to Lance and Adam for the turkey tips.

20 minutes ago, ruthunter said:

Here is my sons big ol Tom!

7A0B3247-64E2-4AFE-B3E2-99E81ACF7704.jpeg

Nice bird im hoping to get it done in 20a this weekend. Congrats!

• Like 1

turkey hunting always ends with woulda, coulda, shoulda, stay hungry my Young friends. Time to roust shot.. 

• Like 1

We were in 6a Thur-Sunday. Only heard one gobble, and called in his hen but he never came. 

it was windy but not really as bad as the youth hunt in 23 last year