Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Vowell

Big Sweets

Recommended Posts

how many gigantic bucks with that crab claw looking point could there have been? and from the same unit? 

i think thats the same deer. the eye guards look similar to me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

how many gigantic bucks with that crab claw looking point could there have been? and from the same unit? 

i think thats the same deer. the eye guards look similar to me 

Two different bucks, IMO. Check out the tip to tip spread, too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Two different bucks, IMO. Check out the tip to tip spread, too.

How many years apart are the cam pics the year it died

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We go through this every 2 or 3 years.  Guys say a few years back.  Don't know if you realized but big sweets was last seen in 2010.  No one i know has seen him (lots of guys since I have lived in the unit for 40 years).  Few people say they know a friend that knows a guy that killed it a FEW years back.  

 

Again this buck is not sweets you can tell heck this buck is bigger than sweets but you can clearly see no inward tilt eye guards that make a diamond ◇.  Plus sweets isn't as wide.  I

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big sweets is a gorgeous buck!  Like to see some other pics of the buck that was killed.  
 

Brian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not know the history at all but I am not convinced that the buck in the very first picture is not the same buck showed in velvet. Like Trophy Hunter said it seems quite possible to me that givin some time the buck could change a little bit. Either way that is an absolute monster and I would be happy just to catch a peek of him for three seconds behind some glass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember when those first pix of him were posted. An area I know well - what a stud buck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I remember right this buck was not even in this unit.  If it was in this unit post up the area he was killed.  Thats when we will know if its the same buck.  Of ya and the year this buck was killed. 

Sweets was in his prime in 2010.  Again features like his eye guards never changed in any of the pictures I have.  Out of all the deer I have watched through the years if their eye guards never change.

 

If this is sweets congrats who freaking cares but I bet you its not...I have reason...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, willhunt4coues said:

If I remember right this buck was not even in this unit.  If it was in this unit post up the area he was killed.  Thats when we will know if its the same buck.  Of ya and the year this buck was killed. 

Sweets was in his prime in 2010.  Again features like his eye guards never changed in any of the pictures I have.  Out of all the deer I have watched through the years if their eye guards never change.

 

If this is sweets congrats who freaking cares but I bet you its not...I have reason...lol

Honestly I don’t care if it is or not, I just posted because it’s a cool buck that kind of resembles Sweets. As far as the unit, sorry I won’t post it on a public form but I can Pm you if you like. I’ve chatted and confirmed with a few guys that’s it is the same unit. But like I said who cares, just a cool buck that has not been posted that I’ve seen. This one might even be bigger!?! Just getting pumped for when results come out and I draw my December tag ha ha likely not 😊 anyways this is the best buck I’ve ever seen and the mass is awesome!!! I’ll get more pics when I go visit him and see it in person!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×