218buck

Only 1 hour until cards start getting hit

1 hour ago, TR0UBLE SH00TER said:

Howdy to all!

I've been lurking here since last season when I was looking for advice for my very first Elk hunt in Arizona and figured it was time

to join.

I am a 17 year AZ resident and last year was only the second year for applying for hunting tags. I got drawn for the muzzle loader

antler-less Elk unit 8 hunt. It was a successful hunt and she was a beast. There is still a little left of her in the freezer. 

I was also drawn for turkey last year but I was only able to hunt for two days and was unsuccessful.

Anyway, my bank card got hit Friday and I've been drawn for Turkey, unit 6A or 8/10 and a rifle Deer tag in either unit 20A or 19A.

I am very familiar with both of those Deer areas and I will have to research a little for the turkey areas, except unit 8. 

I'm excited for the opportunity to have my son join me this big game hunting season. He's already a small game hunter. I've been

putting my wife in for the last few years for bonus points for Elk and Deer so when she finally gets drawn she can grandfather the

tag to my now 9 year old son.

Good times ahead and glad to be here.

TR0UBLE SH00TER

E2 - Copy (2) - Copy.jpg

E1.jpg

b25.jpg

IMG-0410.jpg

Welcome to the site and congrats on the cow. 

• Like 1

Found out my son and his friend were hit $90. Either late kaibab or November 21 whitetail.  Probably whitetail with 2 points. 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 8:51 PM, yotebuster said:

I think most of those fall cow hunts are fairly easy to draw.  With a point or two they are guaranteed if I’m not mistaken.  

I had 9 points, put in for Kaibab cow bison and wasn’t drawn, so no guarantee with a point or two.

22 hours ago, HyNoon said:

Why do you have to pay more money still for 13a and not 12aw? 

It’s bonus point dependent.....when you join, your discount is based on how many points you have at the time. The closer you are to drawing the hunt the less your discount is. At the time i joined i was closer to drawing the 13a hunt than i was the 12a west hunt. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, tomharveyb said:

I had 9 points, put in for Kaibab cow bison and wasn’t drawn, so no guarantee with a point or two.

Yuck.  Hopefully next year.

Good point (no pun) regarding no guarantees.  For sure the odds increase with more points, but at the end of the day it is a lottery and virtually anyone can get drawn.  The whole "max points" thing of course eventually comes into play, but for the vast majority it's simply the luck of the draw.  I'm generally a glass-half-full guy, but the point of view I have on the bonus points tends to be pessimistic.  Seems that the pool gets SO diluted with unsuccessful hunters over time that it  likely diminishes the value of any single person having a few points.

GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR!!!! 🙏

My card just got hit again for a  3rd deer tag. 
We were hit twice on Friday and thought that we only went 2 for 3 this year.  Maybe it’s the second round.  

• Like 1