Sign in to follow this  
UggRedBilly

Bull Elk Tag Transfer

I have a late season unit 10 bull elk tag for archery. I just got a late 12AW mule deer hunt and I can do both. But I want my brother to go on his first hunt and I wanna transfer my tag to him. I am 19 and he is 17 so he is still a "youth" hunter. On fish and games website it says I can transfer it to him as long as I am a parent or a guardian. I am not a registered guardian but does an older brother count as one? Will it work at all? Thank you!

• Like 1

Call game and fish Monday morning and talk to them. Congrats on two good tags.

I highly doubt you will be able to transfer the tag.  The regulations are very clear.

• Like 3

Nope. Turn the tag in and bring little bro on a killer deer hunt instead.  You will both still have a blast.  Besides, a late unit 10 archery elk hunt would be a very tough tag for a newbie.  Even experienced guys come home empty handed. 

23 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Nope. Turn the tag in and bring little bro on a killer deer hunt instead.  You will both still have a blast.  Besides, a late unit 10 archery elk hunt would be a very tough tag for a newbie.  Even experienced guys come home empty handed. 

I wish I could do just that. But my friend and my dad I recently got into archery also got antlerless elk tags for the same unit and same time as my bull tag😂 that season is the week before my deer season. I am  not sure what to do! I wanna do both but my work will give me MAYBE 10 days max. I wanna get to the deer unit early so I get scouting time and dibs on camping spots but also I need to help people out. How would I approach this to my dad who lives in the same house? Without being rude of course!

Awe man dude. That definitely complicates things.  If it's the early hunt go elk hunting with the family.  If it's the late hunt go elk hunting with your family and then go on an awesome deer hunt.  But before you leave put some applications in for a new job. 

• Like 2

It sounds harsh, but you’re 19 and most likely not in your career position. Quit your job and hunt both seasons. Find a new job when you’re done. I would if i was your age. 

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Awe man dude. That definitely complicates things.  If it's the early hunt go elk hunting with the family.  If it's the late hunt go elk hunting with your family and then go on an awesome deer hunt.  But before you leave put some applications in for a new job. 

I think I will do that then. It was the late 12AW hunt. Got it with 3 points lol

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Get a new job or have a serious conversation with your supervisor.  If your a valued employee you can most likely work something out.  If not, hopefully you purchased point guard 

4 minutes ago, Big Browns said:

Get a new job or have a serious conversation with your supervisor.  If your a valued employee you can most likely work something out.  If not, hopefully you purchased point guard 

Gotcha! I have been working at my area for 3 years. I hope they let me

8 hours ago, UggRedBilly said:

I wish I could do just that. But my friend and my dad I recently got into archery also got antlerless elk tags for the same unit and same time as my bull tag😂 that season is the week before my deer season. I am  not sure what to do! I wanna do both but my work will give me MAYBE 10 days max. I wanna get to the deer unit early so I get scouting time and dibs on camping spots but also I need to help people out. How would I approach this to my dad who lives in the same house? Without being rude of course!

You knew you had the Elk tag when you applied for deer with so few days off work.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Big Browns said:

I highly doubt you will be able to transfer the tag.  The regulations are very clear.

This.  Regulations are clear, and don't mention sibling transfers.  

Two great tags!!!  I hope it works out so you can make the most of it!!!

S.