Sign in to follow this  
UggRedBilly

Bull Elk Tag Transfer

Save all your cash from now til the hunt and sell what you don’t need. Ask them nicely for the time off but make it clear that your taking it no matter what. I told my employer that I hunt when I first started 18 years ago they’ve always been good about it except for 1 turkey hunt (had two guys quit the week earlier) so I worked and they felt so bad they paid me double time for the days I would of been hunting. Good jobs are hard to find but at your age I agree with Kevin and greyghost.

My first early archery bull tag I was 19, asked to take a leave of absence and quit when they said no. Two years later I got drawn again and was able to take a loa. Now I have a family and a career and would not be able to do that. You always have to set priorities in your life and unless you have a family to support imo hunting a limited chance hunt would be the priority 

• Like 1

Dont listen to these clowns as far as quitting your job, turning in a tag. there just dumb and old.

you can do both especially at your age your only 19.

you have every weekend till the hunt starts to start scouting. leave friday after work come back sunday evening. both you and your brother go to ease the drive time wether he drives or just keeps you awake. Ive done many 12a west hunts in a weekend like every weekend during the archery hunts back i the day when It was OTC. did a few 13 hunts as well but thats pushing it. even at 20-25 did it in a 1972 dodge colt and a 1969 rs ss Camaro a few years as well as a 85 s-10 all 2 wheel drives. the dodge colt I could get back way past indian hollow and pretty much anywhere including the top of snake gultch. the camaro just on the 3 main roads that go south from jacobs lake and a few side roads.

you can pretty much set up camp anywhere in all those units. you dont need a designated spot.

work may give you 10days that makes 16 days counting weekends

if you scout and use your time wisely well before the hunt you will know the area well, know where your going to camp etc etc.  unit 10 you can scout easy in a few weekends as its a short drive.

go up have a good time and congrats on your draws.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, idgaf said:

Get covid symptoms just before the hunt and have two weeks away from work. 

Honestly my dad just got it a week ago and I literally just got a call saying I was negative and same with my mother😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delw said:

Dont listen to these clowns as far as quitting your job, turning in a tag. there just dumb and old.

you have every weekend till the hunt starts to start scouting. leave friday after work come back sunday evening. both you and your brother go to ease the drive time wether he drives or just keeps you awake. Ive done many 12a west hunts in a weekend like every weekend during the archery hunts back i the day when It was OTC. did a few 13 hunts as well but thats pushing it. even at 20-25 did it in a 1972 dodge colt and a 1969 rs ss Camaro a few years as well as a 85 s-10 all 2 wheel drives. the dodge colt I could get back way past indian hollow and pretty much anywhere including the top of snake gultch. the camaro just on the 3 main roads that go south from jacobs lake and a few side roads.

you can pretty much set up camp anywhere in all those units. you dont need a designated spot.

if you scout and use your time wisely well before the hunt you will know the area well, know where your going to camp etc etc.  unit 10 you can scout easy in a few weekends as its a short drive.

Sounds good! Thank you!

Ya its not a joke or good lie, remember your Young and will have many more opportunities, especially late bull elk.. just my old fart opinion..

6 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Ya its not a joke or good lie, remember your Young and will have many more opportunities, especially late bull elk.. just my old fart opinion..

Gotcha! Thank you!

You won't be able to transfer that tag to your brother. AZGFD is very strict about this. Good luck on the hunt(s). Should be fun.

Just now, rossislider said:

You won't be able to transfer that tag to your brother. AZGFD is very strict about this. Good luck on the hunt(s). Should be fun.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Delw said:

I’m dumb and old? I’m 34 bruh. Most people are working a “job” when they’re 19, not a career. If my “Job” not “career” would not let me take time off, i’d find a new one. 

• Like 5

That deer tag should be your priority,  you may not draw it again for a lot of long years.    Theres people who are probably pushing 15-20 and still hoping.  Good luck with the hunts and your job situation. 

• Like 1