Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

46A East?

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

It will get real nice.

Problem is, lost all my gains this weekend from walking too much and didn’t even lift 3 days in a row. RIP in peace.

Nah just some extra cardio this weknd. Get back in the gym this week and hit it hard. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Made a couple more trips down there. I think this hunt will be about as much fun as doing my taxes. 

You could always turn your tag back in.........I might have applied for this unit and I'm surely next in line.    It would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, recurveman said:

You could always turn your tag back in.........I might have applied for this unit and I'm surely next in line.    It would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

No point guard 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

So that’s where all those sheds came from...

I doubt there’s even that many deer sheds in the entire unit. But I did see a doe back in July. 

nice that they help you know the difference between a Pronghorn and a desert Bighorn while you're in there.  I think those Sonoran pronghorn are like Bigfoot, just a myth.

21 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

nice that they help you know the difference between a Pronghorn and a desert Bighorn while you're in there.  I think those Sonoran pronghorn are like Bigfoot, just a myth.

If I see any I’ll try to get a pic lol

1 hour ago, NOTAGS said:

There in there, but I believe they got thinned out pretty bad by the yotes around mid 90's. we used to hunt yotes in there often to hopefully help the lopes. game and fish use to ask people to do it. but this was back in the 80s and early to mid 90's

15 minutes ago, Delw said:

There in there, but I believe they got thinned out pretty bad by the yotes around mid 90's. we used to hunt yotes in there often to hopefully help the lopes. game and fish use to ask people to do it. but this was back in the 80s and early to mid 90's

You know that was 30years ago right ?

• Like 1

I can imagine the child’s mountain area some animals. But I can’t hardly believe anything can live out in the growlers area.

theres a bunch of petroglyphs out there. What did those people survive on? It must have been a lot different 500 years ago. I read in the early 1900s there was cattle ranching in the cabeza. How tf 

• Like 1

My first job out of college was studying the Sonoran Pronghorn on BMGR. Saw a lot of cool stuff out there! Watched an F16 crash while we were working, that was a trip. Having 18 illegals give up to us to call for help was also pretty wild. 

As far as the pronghorn, the drought in 2001 reduced the herd from around 200 animals down to around 20. They rounded them up, put them in a pen with no predators and watered it. They have made a pretty remarkable comeback since and have been released regularly and moved to other areas to create other populations like on Kofa NWR/YPG.

• Like 4

On 11/4/2020 at 8:08 PM, Heat said:

My first job out of college was studying the Sonoran Pronghorn on BMGR. Saw a lot of cool stuff out there! Watched an F16 crash while we were working, that was a trip. Having 18 illegals give up to us to call for help was also pretty wild. 

As far as the pronghorn, the drought in 2001 reduced the herd from around 200 animals down to around 20. They rounded them up, put them in a pen with no predators and watered it. They have made a pretty remarkable comeback since and have been released regularly and moved to other areas to create other populations like on Kofa NWR/YPG.

I drove by the enclosure the other day. That drought hammered the bighorn population also. Wonder if many died around the state this year