Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

Saltwater 2020

56 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

I aint scared... 12 more days till I hop on it....

I went on that boat when it was the Dominator at Point Loma back a while. Best day on the water ever. 13 albies the first day of a two day. I'm pretty sure I messed up my back picking up my ice chest from that trip and its been messed up ever since.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Heat said:

that boat when it was the Dominator

and before that?  Producer...  

i was privileged to sit in the wheelhouse of the Dominator with Randy Dalo and Phil Harris.

lee

• Like 1

James McDaniels was running the boat when I was on it. Probably 2004 or so. Great fishing platform.

2 minutes ago, Arizona Griz said:

I think I saw a sign that they were for sale at the Point Loma landing a month ago when we fished.

I'll give them a shot. Seaforth has them @ 30.00/each.... yikes

5 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

$30 for a dead piece of bait. 

Ya, either a great marketing job or they actually work. Some people swear by them and say big BFT can't resist eating them...  Hang one under a drone and could get very interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/17/2020 at 4:51 PM, Heat said:

Nothing wrong with those Sqaull reels for lighter fish especially, and they are being phased out for Squall II so some great deals I'm sure.

squall2 production seems to be zero.  squall 25n just delivered is as smooth as a hotrodded newell 332.  just impressed!.

lee

• Like 1

1 hour ago, biglakejake said:

squall2 production seems to be zero.  squall 25n just delivered is as smooth as a hotrodded newell 332.  just impressed!.

lee

Penn has been knocking it out of the park lately. Their reels are great, that's for sure. Chapo on the Outrider basically convinced me that the Fathoms are the best reels you can buy for your money at the moment. As much as I'd like to support USA companies like Accurate, until they make a reel that performs day in and day out with little to no maintenance like those Fathoms, I will stick to Penn. I used to be a die hard Shimano guy too but Penn has won me over!

2 hours ago, biglakejake said:

food at sea not seafood.  courtesy Aztec Sportfishing................

750030614_seafood.thumb.jpg.6150405f4cc14529a4561a8714cff0e4.jpg

That's pretty sexy.