ctafoya

camp shower

been looking for a camp shower for my upcoming elk hunt, unless the wife caves and let's me buy a toy hauler. 

What setups do you like the best? The stuff I've seen online looks like crap. 

I have a Zodi X-40 for sale that works great.  Only reason it’s for sale is I bought a Chalet A-frame trailer that has shower. 

http://zodi.com/hot-showers/x-40-shower

Retail $500. I’m asking $200. It runs off bulk tank. I put up privacy tent on top of my UTV trailer so water flows thru boards and you stay clean while drying off. 

4741D486-C3CE-49FA-9DC7-76C845FBDAF3.jpeg

You’re supposed to shower during hunts?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Where are you located? I have a battery operated shower pump somewhere. If it works I will give it to you. Or at least I think I still have it. And it worked last time I used it 

I bought one of these a few years ago along with a cheap shower tent from Walmart. Works great. I get about 45 minutes of run time on a charge, which is more than enough for each member of my family (5 people) to get a quick shower. I just set the stove outside the shower tent to warm a turkey fryer pot of water up and drop the one end in.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CZFQZQM/ref=dp_cerb_2

• Like 1

I bought the lower cost Zodi model. The heating unit sets on a 2-burner stove. The "D" battery pump barely pushed water up to 6 feet, so I modified it with a RV pump and marine battery...works great.

I have used a pump up weed sprayer too. After a little nozzle modification they work well. I have tried  several things but have gone back to heating water in a pan and using a cup. Dead Down Wind makes a rinse free liquid soap that does a good job.  Works for me.

• Like 1

If you ever want a great shower on a budget that outlasts a Zodi and others with minimal hassle 

get a 2 gallon weed sprayer

kitchen sink facet sprayer and hose

barb to connect the two lines with hose clamps

a two compartment shower enclosure -   add the lil buddy heater (if needed)

a large pot and heat water on the camp chief to desired temp- pour into weed sprayer - take a nice shower with plenty of water....

• Like 3

I use a weed sprayer for washing meat and me. I also made an electric one. I bought a 12v harbor freight pump and BLM rigged it to a garden sprayer end and alligator clips to my truck battery. Set the shower up in front of the truck. It works good but the weed sprayer is easier. I would love an actual camp shower but I figure if I’m going that route, I’m buying a trailer that has a shower already.

• Haha 1

4 gallon weed sprayer for us. Painted it black and it heats to about 89 degrees with good sun. Cheap pop up toilet enclosure and we shower most nights when camping. 

• Like 1

I remember years ago I was in Colorado bow hunting.  Not 1 vehicle came by our camp in 2 3 days.  Until showe're day.  No tarp, nothing. The old solar shower . Standing on a milk  create.  A mini van rolls up. The kids are probably scared for life. 

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

I remember years ago I was in Colorado bow hunting.  Not 1 vehicle came by our camp in 2 3 days.  Until showe're day.  No tarp, nothing. The old solar shower . Standing on a milk  create.  A mini van rolls up. The kids are probably scared for life. 

“Mommy! Why is that woman standing on a milk crate?? She sure is hairy!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow! 1

1 hour ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Haha ya man, I did a big hike in the white tanks in the heat and I was the only vehicle parked in this lot with like 25 spots. I get out and there is this ding bat chick parked right next to my truck and she is sitting in the car with the ac on. So as I always do I strip down bare butt and use my water jug in back of the truck to clean up before driving home, she backed up pretty quick and moved spots. Haha