Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
elkhutnaz

Leftover question

Recommended Posts

Put in for a hunt that had 225 tags

got issued tag number 233

thinking tags turned back in thru point guard??

or the state is just trying to make a little more money

either way I am hunting and happy

 

what you think?

maybe Clinton’s had something to do with it?

they killed some other tag holders?

 

Andy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the original tag count for the hunt was 500 and only 225 were applied for in regular draw 225 left over. You got tag #233 out of the original 500.

Left over tags don't start from zero. Would make duplicite tag numbers..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like somebody didn’t read the regs again! Don’t worry about it though, it’s not in there. I believe leftovers are issued numbers that are above the original draw amount number. I’m probably wrong though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why worry about ,or even be curious. You got a tag!  Have a cold one ,celebrate and get in shape... Congrats and good luck!................BOB!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe it is because of declined cards in the draw.  When a card is declined that permit number is not used anymore.  When theY issue the tag to the next person in line a new permit number is issued.  The number of tags issued for the hunt is the same but the tag number is higher than the amount  in the regs.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elkhutnaz said:

Put in for a hunt that had 225 tags

got issued tag number 233

thinking tags turned back in thru point guard??

or the state is just trying to make a little more money

either way I am hunting and happy

 

what you think?

maybe Clinton’s had something to do with it?

they killed some other tag holders?

 

Andy

When you login to your account on the azgfd site, does it already show your left over tag?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, briant_az said:

When you login to your account on the azgfd site, does it already show your left over tag?

yeah, posted yesterday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it didnt post yesterday to your account your left over tag your pretty much screwed then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do they really throw away mailers for leftovers that get there before Monday 07/20? That's what it indicates on the leftover info.

Did that many people really time up the mail to get there on Saturday/Monday perfectly? Maybe I'm just a dummy, but timing that up doesn't seem easy with our mailing system. But what the heck do I know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bigbuckclub said:

Do they really throw away mailers for leftovers that get there before Monday 07/20? That's what it indicates on the leftover info.

Did that many people really time up the mail to get there on Saturday/Monday perfectly? Maybe I'm just a dummy, but timing that up doesn't seem easy with our mailing system. But what the heck do I know. 

Yes and Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bigbuckclub said:

Do they really throw away mailers for leftovers that get there before Monday 07/20? That's what it indicates on the leftover info.

Did that many people really time up the mail to get there on Saturday/Monday perfectly? Maybe I'm just a dummy, but timing that up doesn't seem easy with our mailing system. But what the heck do I know. 

They stamp "return to sender" if they arrive early and send back. Yes, I time mine to the date of when it needs to arrive. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×