knothead

Dear Arizona Game & Fish,

1 hour ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Not so. Every species and hunt type have the LEGAL weapons listed. Below is for javelina:

Legal Methods of Take General Hunt and Youth-Only Hunt: Any firearm, pre-charged pneumatic weapon, crossbow or bow and arrow as prescribed in R12-4-304. HAM: Handguns, muzzleloading rifles, muzzleloading handguns, crossbow, or bow and arrow as prescribed in R12-4-318. Archery-Only Hunt: Bow and arrow as prescribed in R12-4-304 and R12-4-318, and crossbow as prescribed in R12-4-216. 

Yes true , I was trying say it would be cool if we could use a spear on a pig hunt ,  I am  aware of what weapons we can use and when on each hunt and species.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

But honestly, I’d love a spear hunt! Imagine how cool that would be!

I've wanted to do javelina with a spear for a long time. In this day and age, they'll never go for it though. 

How about combining species points and letting you use as many or as few per species as you want? If you wanted to hunt early rifle elk this year you could combine your elk points with your 15 goat points, 20 sheep points 9 deer points 5 javi points and 5 turkey points. It would generate more g and f revenue because people would buy points for every species and would also knock loose a bunch of points across all species.

14 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Using lesser critters bonus points, some that you can get 2 of per year

Bad idea.

Care to expound a little. I believe this is the only solution possible to combat point creep

You can get 2 turkey points per year 

Guy decides to heck with turkey, puts his 18 turkey points in with his muke deer points, all of a sudden he jumps the line to hunt the strip.

Say someone for some reason has 8 or what have you javelina points, combined those with a dozen elk points,  now he's in the max point pool for the majority of elk hunts. 

13 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Guy decides to heck with turkey, puts his 18 turkey points in with his muke deer points, all of a sudden he jumps the line to hunt the strip.

Say someone for some reason has 8 or what have you javelina points, combined those with a dozen elk points,  now he's in the max point pool for the majority of elk hunts. 

The strip is for losers.

I’m thinking two turkey points every year I’ll be hunting late Coues every three years

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

But that wouldn't put him in the max pool. The guy who sacrifices 15 antelope points 20 sheep points and 20 buffalo points might be max and all of a sudden you have 55 points along with his elk points out of the system. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

In this thread: many bad ideas

Can you be more specific or are all of them bad ideas in your opinion?

What if any, are the good ideas?

22 minutes ago, knothead said:

I cannot. I replied without even reading but I bet I’m not wrong. Why am I wrong 

25 minutes ago, knothead said:

good ideas are some of yours and some others.

like cc back up, keyboard redunacy etc etc

bad ideas are anything that change the way the points work, f'n with the points, modify the points or add to the points. those are all selfish ideas.

The fairest system ever was one with no Bonus points, when G&F started giving bonus points it opened the doors for playing the system.

• Like 4

Now that I think of it, there is one change that actually would increase draw odds.

Make people choose to apply for a single once in a lifetime hunt (either rocky or desert or buffalo) Or apply for anything else. No bonus points for OIL.

Thats why ID has the best sheep and moose odds in the country.

Here's another bad idea.  Make the bison hunt one male and one female per lifetime.