Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Annual Cwt tuna trip

Yeah you guys are busting my balls over here but Brandy tells me that I like to be in control so hey why not just go ahead and start sending me money right now I promise it won't be like the bracket ordeal.

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

Yeah next time you’ll be buying Phoenix rods and raptors 

If you're going into that mess why not go all out...Accurates and United Composites my man!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ohthatguy said:

Kev is taking deposits now for a charter on the Prowler for Sept 1 of 2021... 

In all seriousness though, would any of you guys get on the Pacifica with the history of the Captain? I don't think I trust those guys yet. They can fish though, that's for sure!

I wouldn't rule out the Constitution. Next year is a crap shoot so a " Maiden Voyage" next month or in Oct would be a good idea especially for those who haven't been for a long time or just to get back into it. Metau, myself and my son had a really good time on a 2.5 day last year. I wouldn't do anything shorter, especially if your personal goal is to come home with fish.

https://www.sportfishingreport.com/charter_boats/constitution.php

• Like 1

Constitution seems like a pretty nice boat! Might be a bit big but if they have room on an open party that might work too. I think they might be H&M's Top Boat.

I've been on the Constitution many times and have always done well.

My trip in 3 weeks is on the Pacifica. If I don't make it back, Kev, you can split my fishing stuff with my brother. Lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This is a good site to check out data trends on when certain species have a trend to bite good. You can sort by species and by the year. Not all the boats participate it looks like but you can also see which ones catch more than the others. Pretty cool.

https://www.976-tuna.com/highliners

2 hours ago, Ohthatguy said:

I've been on the Constitution many times and have always done well.

My trip in 3 weeks is on the Pacifica. If I don't make it back, Kev, you can split my fishing stuff with my brother. Lol

I feel so conflicted right now. I mean I dont want you to die necessarily but I do want your gear.... 

Maybe just get yourself marooned on Coronado for a couple years that will do. 

2 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

I feel so conflicted right now. I mean I dont want you to die necessarily but I do want your gear.... 

Maybe just get yourself marooned on Coronado for a couple years that will do. 

The only catch may be, if I die, all my gear may be at the bottom of the ocean.... Either way, I won't be needing it any more.