Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Annual Cwt tuna trip

There are plenty of boats fhat would be great for 10 to 15. 

• Like 1

We start talking about boats and everything becomes frickin nautical 

• Like 1

I would guess 10-20 anglers is a fairly manageable number and as mentioned there are a number of boats in that size range. 

If we are indeed talking about a a Charter we have to keep in mind it will take a $$$ Deposit (generally half the cost) to hold a date. Someone will have to swipe their card or collect funds in advance which is a huge risk and pain in the butt. A boat with enough spots on an open party trip reduces the risks. Something to consider. I would possibly be willing if there are enough people serious enough to come up with some money up front by the end of January or so.

I've got it bad. Been analyzing the holes in my arsenal since my return. For sure going to get a Fathom 25 SDP for 30# and a 20# set up. Like an idiot I sold my 20# rig and a bunch of other gear in a moment of weakness.

Ya I agree with the financials, need someone to handle the cash and pay up front so we are committed. If someone needs out they can sell their spot or discount it or just lose it. I really like the 10 to 15 idea unless Im the 16th dude!!!!

• Like 2

I'll handle the cash. But I need it all before Friday when i head to Vegas...….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ctafoya said:

I'll handle the cash. But I need it all before Friday when i head to Vegas...….

You putting it on the red boat?

I have done 6 packs as chartermaster and this last one i did half down, half at boat amd had caveat. You flake, you lose the money unless I can fill the spot.  I also collect minimum 20% tip upfront. If you liked the service, you can tip more. You can also leave the tipping to 100% on the angler.

• Like 1

I want to bump this to the top so we don't forget. Keep it fresh you know! I think it might be cool if we do a Poll for which boat. Maybe list 5-10 to choose. Here's a rundown of my Top 5 based on experience, fish counts, and reviews (Long Range boats not considered):

1. Outrider

2. Success

3. New Lo An (for open party, probably too big to Charter for our group)

4. Aztec (same as above)

5. Pacific Queen (might be tough to get a large group on but these guys can't be ignored)

This trip is still really in early phases. Not sure about a defined "Chartermaster" yet. Honestly I doubt we will get more than half a dozen guys that are willing to plop the $ down to do this when the time comes. Too many variables for dozen or two people to reach consensus on. If it does happen though I'm in if I can swing it!

That Pacific queen is a good charter unless its rough sea, that thing is narrow and tall on the rail. I don't know any of the others. We used to use the red rooster and challenger. Im still in for now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

is the guy that’s making the Kowa brackets also the charter master for this trip? 

Seems like Kev is a glutton for punishment. Hopefully nobody needs to ship their fish 😁

• Like 1

My hunting partner just texted me after walking off the Relentless Boat this morning and they had 17 guys, they blanked on fish on a day and a half trip !!!!! OUCH

• Wow! 2