Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Annual Cwt tuna trip

1 hour ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

My hunting partner just texted me after walking off the Relentless Boat this morning and they had 17 guys, they blanked on fish on a day and a half trip !!!!! OUCH

Dang that sucks, there were others out there getting limits yesterday.

5 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

My hunting partner just texted me after walking off the Relentless Boat this morning and they had 17 guys, they blanked on fish on a day and a half trip !!!!! OUCH

Awe man that hurts dude.

8 hours ago, Heat said:

I want to bump this to the top so we don't forget. Keep it fresh you know! I think it might be cool if we do a Poll for which boat. Maybe list 5-10 to choose. Here's a rundown of my Top 5 based on experience, fish counts, and reviews (Long Range boats not considered):

1. Outrider

2. Success

3. New Lo An (for open party, probably too big to Charter for our group)

4. Aztec (same as above)

5. Pacific Queen (might be tough to get a large group on but these guys can't be ignored)

Seems the hardest decision might be picking the date.  When we thinking?

4 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Seems the hardest decision might be picking the date.  When we thinking?

You’re gonna end up chartermaster yet...

For selfish reasons I say mid to late September. I'm going to Alaska in July. Usually great fish counts with limits fishing on yft and skipjack typically with yellows and maybe dodos and bft mixed in September through mid October typically. Also usually easier to find room on a boat after the kids are back in school. Otherwise usualky pretty good fishing in July and August. To pick a prime date we will want to have a good idea of some boats and dates by January or so. Prime dates book early on good charter operations. With some boats there may not be many to pick from with repeat customers usually getting first dibs on charter dates.

4 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Acting like he’s not spear heading the trip. 

If ONLY there was a mad face button

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Heat said:

For selfish reasons I say mid to late September. I'm going to Alaska in July. Usually great fish counts with limits fishing on yft and skipjack typically with yellows and maybe dodos and bft mixed in September through mid October typically. Also usually easier to find room on a boat after the kids are back in school. Otherwise usualky pretty good fishing in July and August. To pick a prime date we will want to have a good idea of some boats and dates by January or so. Prime dates book early on good charter operations. With some boats there may not be many to pick from with repeat customers usually getting first dibs on charter dates.

If its an annual trip makes sense to hold off till yellows are there.  Biggest obstacle will be elk rut hunt and first deer hunt.  Not such a broad window

25 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

If it’s next year I’m more than likely in as a newb!!

See Kev, I told you this would be the only year you have to buy all the beer for our trip! You're only the fresh fish once.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

If it’s next year I’m more than likely in as a newb!!

That's what I was thinking but we should ask the Chartermaster, Kevin!

• Like 1

with Kevin as chartermaster there is a whole raft of research for him to do.  just a taste if next year is our focus......

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/enso_advisory/ensodisc.shtml

you've heard of el nino?  get a load of la nina !  with a 60% chance of la nina i'm not booking anything 2021.

i'm going fishing this year till my guides freeze up

lee

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, biglakejake said:

with Kevin as chartermaster there is a whole raft of research for him to do.  just a taste if next year is our focus......

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/enso_advisory/ensodisc.shtml

you've heard of el nino?  get a load of la nina !  with a 60% chance of la nina i'm not booking anything 2021.

i'm going fishing this year till my guides freeze up

lee

Ya big chicken, I just lit 3 candles at my alter and sacrificed a lizard of the year, 2021 should see 35 lb tuna all day long and slow 5 ft rollers to lull us to sleep after a belly full of sashimi!!!!!!