down2hunt

Rut Activity

1 hour ago, 5guyshunting said:

Climb a hill.

Is that possible other then just to listen? Not too glassable i thought?  Never been there personally

I have never heard unit 8 being a quiet unit. thats place is loud as crap usually the last week of archery deer to 1st week oct.

heck go up to the community hunting hole by elk tank/ round mountain and you can listen to them all day and night long for almost a month

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, oz31p said:

Called a bull in and killed it this evening in 5bs 

Awesome man!  Hopefully pics,and a story coming?

1 minute ago, CatfishKev said:

Awesome man!  Hopefully pics,and a story coming?

Ya posted the story in this thread. 

No bugles in 33 unless you count their mayor whoregurgitates mostly houcy mamma cow calls.  🤑 😷

Finally getting some rain in 1. Had multiple stalks a day blown by crunchy ground and minimal shade. Or maybe I just suck at hunting. Anyway, damp ground, cloud cover, and 15 degrees cooler should change things. 

• Like 4

I just got home last night from helping a good friend in 3a/3c. The bulls were pretty vocal all but 1 morning, they would bugle until about 8-9 in the morning. They would start up again around 5-530 and call pretty well. they did not really have any interest in cow calls until this past Friday. We called a decent bull across a canyon Friday afternoon and he filled his tag with an easy 30yd shot. Fun hunt, looking forward to my 3c tag next year.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 9/18/2020 at 8:16 PM, azelkhunter69 said:

Or drive the roads at night, get out and walk....anything.  Elk everywhere in 8

Called in four bulls in 8 in just 2 hours this weekend, they are fired up in 8. Get away from roads and find pockets(if you are driving roads to locate). 

• Like 2