Jump to content
down2hunt

Rut Activity

Recommended Posts

Sounds like a real prick with ears.

1 hour ago, Beaton said:

Well got on a really big bull this morning. Dropped my son off at 4am and hiked back in to where we knew they went everyday. Im back glassing from far away and it barely gets to where I can see and there they are. Then a guy in a grey dodge pulls up behind me and I wave him off. He stops and glasses the elk.  Then he pulls up and says to me thats a giant and I said yes he is and my son is set up on him back there. He say ok and I continue to glass and he drives off. Then the elk spook 15 minutes later so im waiting for my son. And he comes out and says the elk were 120yd walking right to me and I was gonna have a good shot at the big bull and then o heard someone cow calling and they spooked. That guy drove 200. Yds from the elk in his truck and cow called and blew them out. My son was furious. I went and told him how I felt about it considering I told him my son was in there. He said nothing back to me. That was ridiculous!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ctafoya said:

Really good morning. The big bulls squared off again. Almost got in on the one I wanted. I hate cows. Hate em. I'm getting a cow tag next year so I can get revenge.  Followed them all around the mountain as they were fighting and screaming. The bull i really wanted should be safe the rest of the year. He broke off two thirds of his right side, but he won the fight this time. During all of this I re aggravated my left hip. Had trouble just getting back to the truck. Hunts over for me. Good luck to everyone still trying to close the deal today. 

Amen, after all the miles I hiked just to get busted by a cow, I’m looking forward to a rifle cow tag. Got mine done last Friday in unit 1. Only bull that would come in ready to fight. Was a great hunt with many memories made

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bonecollector said:

Hopefully it wasnt the Bowtech posse. I think they drive a grey dodge. :ph34r:

It wasn't. The Bowtech Posse has a White Dodge. Lmfao. Nice try though!  Half of us were in 3C and the other half in 11M.  

Long live the Bowtech Posse. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Beaton said:

Well got on a really big bull this morning. Dropped my son off at 4am and hiked back in to where we knew they went everyday. Im back glassing from far away and it barely gets to where I can see and there they are. Then a guy in a grey dodge pulls up behind me and I wave him off. He stops and glasses the elk.  Then he pulls up and says to me thats a giant and I said yes he is and my son is set up on him back there. He say ok and I continue to glass and he drives off. Then the elk spook 15 minutes later so im waiting for my son. And he comes out and says the elk were 120yd walking right to me and I was gonna have a good shot at the big bull and then o heard someone cow calling and they spooked. That guy drove 200. Yds from the elk in his truck and cow called and blew them out. My son was furious. I went and told him how I felt about it considering I told him my son was in there. He said nothing back to me. That was ridiculous!

Ohhh that freaking hurts man..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Ohhh that freaking hurts man..

Yes it does. Grinding it out since the opener with nocturnal elk and a bad rut and on the last day its probably gonna work out and that happens.  By the way my son is part of the bowtech crew 😆 and he has a dodge. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Beaton said:

Yes it does. Grinding it out since the opener with nocturnal elk and a bad rut and on the last day its probably gonna work out and that happens.  By the way my son is part of the bowtech crew 😆 and he has a dodge. 

Hmmm. I don't think he is part of the Bowtech Posse. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Beaton said:

Yes it does. Grinding it out since the opener with nocturnal elk and a bad rut and on the last day its probably gonna work out and that happens.  By the way my son is part of the bowtech crew 😆 and he has a dodge. 

dang sorry to hear that Beaton as I know you guys put in some serious work for that hunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's terrible. Some people are really inconsiderate of others. I would be furious. Waiting THAT long to get a tag and then some dumb sh@t comes barging in on one of your few opportunities! I am really sorry about that man! I hope things turn out better tomorrow! Things do happen for a reason! Best of luck to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, doublelung said:

Hmmm. I don't think he is part of the Bowtech Posse. Lol

Just joking but he does shoot a bowtech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UggRedBilly said:

That's terrible. Some people are really inconsiderate of others. I would be furious. Waiting THAT long to get a tag and then some dumb sh@t comes barging in on one of your few opportunities! I am really sorry about that man! I hope things turn out better tomorrow! Things do happen for a reason! Best of luck to you!

Is the hunt still going tomorrow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×