Sign in to follow this  
Curtis Reed

Suggest a Cot

I am going to buy a new cot or two in the near future... I’d like some suggestions from the forum, I don’t want to spend a bunch of time reading reviews. Only other cot i’ve ever had was the Davis Tent Big Boy. That is a heavy beast and probably over built for my needs.

21 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

Are those the bunk bed type?

Yes but they don’t need to be set as a bunk. I have a closet deal that hangs on the side too. 

CampTime Roll-a-Cot. I am 5'11" 200lbs and these cots work great , very comfortable easy to set up and pack up. First used them on a Wester River Expeditions Colorado River trip. They were great to sleep on and figured if an outfitter used them they must be sturdy. Bought ours 5 years ago and never slept so well in deer camp and thats going back 40 years of hunting.

• Like 2

Slumberjack Big Cot has served me well for quite a while. Frame is still good as well as the main material you lay on but the trim material is shredding something fierce now after about 15 years of hard use and hot storage. Plenty big. We also have a Cabelas Army Cot. Its good too, not quite as big but so far so good after over 5 years.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CouesFanatic said:

We use the Slumberjack tough cot with either a 4 inch foam pad or a Teton cot pad. Been happy. 

Same here. I bought the Teton pad about 6 years ago but I have had the cots for close to 15 years. One was a little harder to put in the last bar onto the side bar because the material was so tight.

I contacted Slumberjack and they sent me a whole new top. I keep them stored in the house. No more sleeping on the ground.

• Like 1

When I was younger, I used to sleep on the floor of a tent, with age came a cot, now it's an inflatable mattress. The one that's a foot or so off the floor. They are cheap and more comfortable than a cot. The only downside to them is that once in awhile they lose a little air and you have to reinflate them, usually around 2 AM.

5 hours ago, 10Turkeys said:

When I was younger, I used to sleep on the floor of a tent, with age came a cot, now it's an inflatable mattress. The one that's a foot or so off the floor. They are cheap and more comfortable than a cot. The only downside to them is that once in awhile they lose a little air and you have to reinflate them, usually around 2 AM.

No back support on an air mattress. Fine for young people but not good for us older folk or fat people carrying around an extra 40 or 150 pounds.