Sign in to follow this  
coueselk

Kids & Coueselk Africa Hunt

Well all, I know it isn't Coues hunting, but it is all we can do over here. I just got back yesterday from a weeklong hunt with the kids over here in Africa. It was exciting, as well as tough.

My son got his first big game animal. It wasn't a Coues, but it was a fine steenbok. We won't mention the missed shots to get this. :)

post-19-1216127063_thumb.jpg

I also took a steenbok. Mine was a 1/8" bigger than his. :)

post-19-1216127026_thumb.jpg

The hunt was intended to be for the kids, but my son allowed me to also shoot this wildebeast.

post-19-1216127117_thumb.jpg

My daughter was able to take two fine impala within 30 minutes of each other.

post-19-1216127159_thumb.jpg

post-19-1216127282_thumb.jpg

Her finest hour though, is when she was able to finally connect with a Kudu bull. Since it may be a while before she ever drew a elk tag. This is the next best thing. She hunted hard for it. Took 4 days of sitting in the same blind.

post-19-1216127811.jpg

The highlight of the hunt, was when my boy connected with a warthog. He was so excited to get it and it was a good one. After some missed attempts on other game, he finally got what he really wanted.

post-19-1216127357_thumb.jpg

It was fun. Maybe not quite as fun as the coues, but was nice to take some game. Hope you all enjoy.

Way to go Danny!! Great to see you were able to get the kids out hunting. What an amazing experience and memories for them. Congratulations to them both. Tell Alex I am jealous of her kudu! I think those are some great looking animals.

Amanda

Danny,

A week's worth of hunting with the kids and some lifetimes of good memories for all. Your son's smile about the warthog about pushed his ears to the back of his head.

Doug

That is really neat. Those kids should really be hooked now. Thanks for posting those.

Clay

Thanks for sharin'! Great pics and we all know you and your kids will remember it for a lifetime!

Awesome! We all love coues deer here, but I think it's safe to say most of us would trade in our tag for a Safari!!

Congratulations and thanks for the pictures. How bout some stories?

WOW! Thats Awesome!!!! I bet your taxidermist loves you after that hunt. Great pics thanks for sharing them.

Oh that's just so freakin awesome!! And I can see why it took a few shots for your son to connect on that first animal... SHEESH those dudes are small. Thanks for sharing!