Sign in to follow this  
BeardownAZ

How to deal with bad taxidermy???

On 11/3/2020 at 7:42 PM, singleshot said:

I'm betting a new start up in Safford.

Yup. H&R Wildlife Designs in Safford. Started off good, ran the one good employee off, went to crap after that

• Like 1

On 11/4/2020 at 11:27 AM, jdown said:

I got tired of bad taxidermy and no communication. I have been using a guy that is close to 3 hours from me now, but well worth the trip out of the valley. Everything is done in 8-9 months and zero hassle. Found him out of necessity on a warm goat hunt and between my family and my hunting friends probably have taken him a dozen animals since 2015 and each time just perfect and exactly how we drew it up. 

Who is this?

Authentic Taxidermy in Chino Valley. I've posted a few of the mounts he has done for us here I think.. under the taxidermy section maybe. Dual Goat, Dual Pig, 1/2 bear and bear rug for sure.  Buddy got a nice coues done by him last year and his deer and elk look great too. He is just super accommodating and willing to draw something up for you. 

Found the link

On 11/4/2020 at 11:27 AM, jdown said:

I got tired of bad taxidermy and no communication. I have been using a guy that is close to 3 hours from me now, but well worth the trip out of the valley. Everything is done in 8-9 months and zero hassle. Found him out of necessity on a warm goat hunt and between my family and my hunting friends probably have taken him a dozen animals since 2015 and each time just perfect and exactly how we drew it up. 

Who is this?

Great thanks. Had time issue in flagstaff,  sher told me 6 to 8 months so I paid it off in 8 months and it was almost 2 years.  The work is decent enough but it was scary.

Our guy retired and I really like this place then kind of flaked out on me.

1 hour ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Who is this?

Great thanks. Had time issue in flagstaff,  sher told me 6 to 8 months so I paid it off in 8 months and it was almost 2 years.  The work is decent enough but it was scary.

Our guy retired and I really like this place then kind of flaked out on me.

That sucks. If you give Troy a call, I would be shocked if you were disappointed. In the 5 years now that we have been using him, nothing has gone longer than 9 months and literally perfect when we get it. He has a wood guy and metal guy in town for anything custom plus all the other stuff you can order ofcourse. Great little b-fast burrito and hamburger shack in town too called Pepper Jacks plus get to see goats there and back. 

• Like 1

Pepperjacks is a solid little eatery!! 

I've noticed that the good taxidermists have gotten exponentially busier over the past 10 years.  Seems like word gets out faster on social media and the shady or shitty taxidermists get exposed quicker.  Clay, in Payson, will keep my business for a while.  His turnaround time is a year or more, but his work is top notch.

• Like 2

I just got ahold of my taxidermist and found out that nothing has been started and it’s been over a year. First was promised to be done in 6 months. He said he’s refunding my money and giving my elk back. Anyone have a good honest one you could recommend that’s local in Phoenix? I know it’s the busy time of year, but I’d at least like to have it done before 2022.

4 minutes ago, hunterlee said:

I just got ahold of my taxidermist and found out that nothing has been started and it’s been over a year. First was promised to be done in 6 months. He said he’s refunding my money and giving my elk back. Anyone have a good honest one you could recommend that’s local in Phoenix? I know it’s the busy time of year, but I’d at least like to have it done before 2022.

You could always go to mark miller in queen creek.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hunterlee said:

A guy I work with recommended Wes at western taxidermy. 

2 hours ago, hunterlee said:

That sucks.