Sign in to follow this  
turfsideup70

Maryland Flatlander finally draws a Goulds tag!

After 14 years, I finally drew a Goulds tag in 35B. 

I'm a pretty seasoned turkey hunter of 25 years.  however, I've never hunted in Arizona.  So I'm just starting to try and narrow done some starting points.  If anybody has any tips or things i should know about this unit, it would be much appreciated.

• Like 2

So little pressure on those hunts you’ll have a great hunt...talk to the game manager for the unit. They’re usually very helpful on Gould’s locations and often include hunters in the annual surveys. Could be a good excuse for a scouting trip...

1 hour ago, turfsideup70 said:

I'm a pretty seasoned turkey hunter of 25 years.  however, I've never hunted in Arizona.  So I'm just starting to try and narrow done some starting points.  If anybody has any tips or things i should know about this unit, it would be much appreciated.

Congrats on the tag. Are you a demacrat? I'd so don't move here, it sucks. Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the reply’s!  I have some areas I’m concentrating on, and plan to call the GM this week.  I might try to attend the survey and get a weekend of scouting done at the same time!

NO!  I’m not a Democrat, I live on the Eastern Shore!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, turfsideup70 said:

http://www.nwtfhuagoulds.org/

Congrats on the tag.

You will do fine,Parker Canyon Lake,west side of the Huachucas.Deer hunted down there last weekend and seen several birds.Get up early and listen for gobbles.

29 minutes ago, DCS said:

You will do fine,Parker Canyon Lake,west side of the Huachucas.Deer hunted down there last weekend and seen several birds.Get up early and listen for gobbles.

Pretty sure those areas are 35A

• Like 1

I am sorry,for sure those areas are in 35a