Redman

Game Cameras- G&F Agenda

1 hour ago, SirRoyal said:

It did happen your not everybody sir! I never knew nothing about you as far as your credentials until now. 

Beside the point please in a big bold words shout out and state whether any Record book organization considers Trail cams  a Fair Chase Issue? 

In AZ where water is scarce and animals do not detect a cameras, you don't see a issue where a animal cannot detect a danger?

Who cares what b&c says, a 20 man army of glassers probably doesn't fall under a fair choice violation either

14 minutes ago, coues32 said:

In AZ where water is scarce and animals do not detect a cameras, you don't see a issue where a animal cannot detect a danger?

Who cares what b&c says, a 20 man army of glassers probably doesn't fall under a fair choice violation either

To answer your question animals can and are startled by Trail cameras. I watch it all the time on video trail cam.  Then they usually settle down quickly and drink or feed with out fear.  But when they hear a vehicle busting down the road toward a water source their on or a guy hiding in the bushes in a blind watching the water hole and they SMELL him its a whole different story.  And now this will happen all year long. More spot lighting , more posse hunting,  Animals will become more nocturnal as a result .   The animals in the units I hunt are migratory  so they disappear as hunting season draws close anyway. Trail cams are more about enjoying a Vision of Nature in its natural habitat without the interruption of man to dictate their actions. 

1 minute ago, SirRoyal said:

To answer your question animals can and are startled by Trail cameras. I watch it all the time on video trail cam. But when they hear a vehicle busting down the road toward a water source their on or a guy hiding in the bushes in a blind watching the water hole its a whole different story.  And now this will happen all year long. More spot lighting , more posse hunting,  Animals will become more nocturnal s a result .   The animals in the units I hunt are migratory  so they disappear as hunting season draws close anyway. Trail cams are more about enjoying a vision of Nature in its natural habitat without the interruption of man to dictate their actions. 

Are you saying pre- trail camera's, guys sat every water tank and had spot light posse's.  OR have the guides gotten so dependent on their information that, that is how they will operate if they get banned?  I do not remember the animals being completely nocturnal prior to trail cameras.  Do you honestly think guys will spend full days in the field sitting tanks to, in essence, be a trail camera?  I think some of the major players might.  I do not think the guys who run and grab a guide's license and call themselves guides will tho.  The "weekend warrior" guys certainly will not.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, az300wby said:

You can still use trail cameras just not for the taking of wildlife!

no more hit list!

Ok I agree no more Hit list ! But this is a total ban on Trail cams. If you have a hunting license your in trouble friend. 

1 minute ago, HuntHarder said:

Are you saying pre- trail camera's, guys sat every water tank and had spot light posse's.  OR have the guides gotten so dependent on their information that, that is how they will operate if they get banned?  I do not remember the animals being completely nocturnal prior to trail cameras.  Do you honestly think guys will spend full days in the field sitting tanks to, in essence, be a trail camera?  I think some of the major players might.  I do not think the guys who run and grab a guide's license and call themselves guides will tho.  The "weekend warrior" guys certainly will not.  

Im saying cameras have a much less effect on wildlife than people. And yes I believe it was worse before trail cams. 

Pressure on wildlife changes their habits !

And yes Im sure sure outfitters will adapt and will find ways around the rules. I can think of alot right now. 

I do have a guide license but only to be out there more often it helps pay my expenses which is my non profit  guide account. I do not depend on it for a living. I only guide maybe 1 to 3 folks a year.  Im fine with the no Cameras during hunting seasons. I just want a compromise because I really enjoy my summer excursions. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, az300wby said:

Is this recreational use of cameras?

F4D10585-6093-4FBF-9C81-2163D9C3D29E.jpeg

Yes it is. I never hunt this spot. But I love to see whats on it! That camera at the top right is mine! This is an easy access spot in unit 9.  Those trail cams definitely do not scare wildlife like people sitting there watching them. 

I agree with you on a trail cam season but Not allowed during hunting season.  

anyone have a pic of water tanks on the strip having 13+ cameras on it?  

• Like 1

I have trail cams watching gold claims & mining equipment hidden in a creek, year round. 

If there's a ban, I will not obey. And yeah I get deer and bears on them and the occasional claim jumper.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, az300wby said:

I agree with you on a trail cam season but Not allowed during hunting season.  

anyone have a pic of water tanks on the strip having 13+ cameras on it?  

I was at 12AW and there was quite a bit at one tank I saw. I think a season would be great. I wanna get into cameras as a hobby. I saw what all comes across them on the trip and I think it is really neat

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Edge said:

I have trail cams watching gold claims & mining equipment hidden in a creek, year round. 

If there's a ban, I will not obey. And yeah I get deer and bears on them and the occasional claim jumper.

There will be no ban on trail cameras if all your using it for is to watch your gold claim.  If you however decide to TAKE or use your camera in aiding of the take of wildlife there will be a problem.

10 minutes ago, 654321 said:

There will be no ban on trail cameras if all your using it for is to watch your gold claim.  If you however decide to TAKE or use your camera in aiding of the take of wildlife there will be a problem.

So a Lion comes by his Mining site!  And he shoots a lion 3 months later around there  He is illegal? What a farce !!  Im sorry if you have a Arizona hunting license your suspect .

They are gonna make criminals out of law abiding citizens.

Wake up people!!!!!

So he draws a tag for his claim area.

The camera was never intended to watch for trophy animals or other wildlife.

So he can't hunt his claim because the camera caught a picture of a big buck ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, elkaholic said:

So he draws a tag for his claim area.

The camera was never intended to watch for trophy animals or other wildlife.

So he can't hunt his claim because the camera caught a picture of a big buck ?

Its insane !!! Doesn't make good common sense! 

They are gonna make Criminals out of Law Abiding Citizens!!!

Come on man!  Some of these scenarios are 1 and a million.  Grasping for straws, if you will.  Like everything else in life, the big players/offenders are their intended targets.  

Anyone else remember all the ridiculous scenarios when baiting was gonna get banned?  I havnt heard of anyone charged with baiting that wasn't intending to bait..  

• Like 3