Redman

Game Cameras- G&F Agenda

3 hours ago, NoBull350 said:

Sorry it’s call vantage point camping . The tank was 3/4 away from vantage point . 

Yes it was, some else called it tank camping. if you remember correctly I was in agreement with what you guys did wether it be a waterhole or Vantage point

• Like 1

I would speculate this topic will be spun in a way to generate money for azgfd.

imho if I had to give up a piece of hunting eq a trail cam would be first.

a good pair of socks and a jet boil have lended a hand to the taking of wild game More so than a camera on a bush.

i think sxs are the achilies tendon to hunting. I would never take the right of hunters who use them just because I do not.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 654321 said:

PS NR don't have a cap once it goes to a leftover tag and that's what would happen if residents sat out of draw. Like I said how do you know the majority of license holders aren't for the ban of trail cams.  When the department opens things up for public comment and they only here from maybe 500-1000 people they must figure the 299,000 license holders are happy with what's going on.  It doesn't have to just be license holders either. Anyone can reply to the open public input.

Their job is to protect and preserve wildlife.  Not take popular opinion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jdown said:

Their job is to protect and preserve wildlife.  Not take popular opinion. 

So the banning of predator contests was to protect and preserve wildlife or because of popular opinion or should I say just opinion it wasn't even that popular.

• Like 3

Oh chit that’s a good point!  
predators have rights too though. 

7 hours ago, SirRoyal said:

Nothing worse than someone thats already byass toward trailcams and guides to have an objective motive in this trial of public opinion.  Your Dismissed!!! 

I didn’t provide commentary on the 2018 camera regulation meeting because I like to play Perry Mason. I was trying to show that beyond the crying guide antics the meeting as related to trail cameras was a smoke show that was thin on regular hunters, thick on commercial interests and seasoned with dubious claims made by a fellow commissioner if the meeting minutes are to be believed. 

If I were Kurt Davis I would have been pretty ticked by the final outcome and memory card trail cameras would be in my crosshairs when I finally got into a position to get things done.

I bring this up because several people in this thread have mentioned that Arizona Hunters have already spoken on this issue in 2018 which I disagree with since that meeting only had a few token hunters in attendance. 

The Commissioners have been known to read these threads and I plan to direct them here when I send them each a note about my feelings on this issue.

Sir Royal, you are probably a great old school guide and I cannot fathom how you can honestly support the status quo on trail cameras but all I can say is that I disagree with you.

One thing I can promise is that as long as we finally have real independent minded Commissioners I will share my thoughts and hope to see good things happen. As long as the ship is headed in the right direction I plan to hang on despite your generous offer for an early dismissal.

Ryan

• Like 5

2 hours ago, 654321 said:

“Take” means pursuing, shooting, hunting, fishing, trapping, killing, capturing, snaring or netting wildlife or placing or using any net or other device or trap in a manner that may result in capturing or killing wildlife.

Seems like an extremely broad definition to me. Taking is just about anything if it can be pursuing  an animal that may result in its death. Sounds like any trail cam picture could lead to a taking charge, which is too harsh.

7 hours ago, 654321 said:

So the banning of predator contests was to protect and preserve wildlife or because of popular opinion or should I say just opinion it wasn't even that popular.

Good point.   Politics be politics I suppose. 

It will also be illegal for a WM to take an animal in his/her unit or any other unit that they have used cameras in or to confer with any other WM that has cameras out in their unit or to advise a commissioner as to the whereabouts of animals that they have seen during their official duties as a Wildlife Manager for the State Game and Fish.  😷

16 hours ago, SirRoyal said:

Nothing worse than someone thats already byass toward trailcams and guides to have an objective motive in this trial of public opinion.  Your Dismissed!!! 

And you have no bias?? 🙄

25 minutes ago, ThomC said:

It will also be illegal for a WM to take an animal in his/her unit or any other unit that they have used cameras in or to confer with any other WM that has cameras out in their unit or to advise a commissioner as to the whereabouts of animals that they have seen during their official duties as a Wildlife Manager for the State Game and Fish.  😷

You don't need to worry about anything.  This will only affect people who hunt.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, 654321 said:

Embedded1587037851753.png.6a3a6b0a3a8383efd6b6bd75151f48cd.png

Predators are wildlife too....

2 minutes ago, trophyseeker said:

Embedded1587037851753.png.6a3a6b0a3a8383efd6b6bd75151f48cd.png

Predators are wildlife too....

It didn't protect or preserve anything, still able to harvest predators.