Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

2017 Elk

Home made gnocchi in wild chanterelle vodka sauce with of all things 2017 elk fillet. Hashtag chest freezers such. Wish I could afford a stand up. 

5FBF8E47-256D-49E5-A832-AA60938C9091.jpeg

• Like 8

Costco has the shrooms. Not the best flavor but not bad. If we ever become really really good friends I can get you some hand picked AZ wilds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Next test run of Gnocchi is bolognese or how ever that’s spelled. I’m ignorant to the proper spelling. 

It's spelled Oscar

and in formal circles they use the last name of Mayer.....

• Haha 1

Looks really good! I have a stand up freezer and I’m still eating 2017 animals too, don’t worry lol. Theres always something at the front of the freezer. 

im the worst about my tenderloins. I always save them for a special occasion and end up not eating them until it's almost too late. That does look good!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

im the worst about my tenderloins. I always save them for a special occasion and end up not eating them until it's almost too late. That does look good!

After being much the same, I recently started making it certain I eat tenderloins before they hit the freezer. Haven't regretted it.

I need to do that. I eat the less desirable cuts first then lose the loins in the freezer when i put another deer in. Just added 120lbs of sitka blacktail and halibut. Never had a freezer this full. Tough problem to have. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I need to do that. I eat the less desirable cuts first then lose the loins in the freezer when i put another deer in. Just added 120lbs of sitka blacktail and halibut. Never had a freezer this full. Tough problem to have. 

Had to buy a second this year. ( early bull jr cow and 2 deer with my oldest) 

Good cuts usually go in the fridge/freezer. The rest go in the chest. No worries this year, the chest is full of store bought! It’s easier on the wife if I rotate stock to the fridge freezer. Either way, both of those meals look amazing!!!